GC and DM/DML: Fatal error apploader size is zero!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kuruma135, Mar 28, 2014.

1. kuruma135
    OP

kuruma135 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2009
    Canada
    Alright. I feel that I've tried every thing (and every combination of things) that I've found or read about on any forum I could find on this topic.

I run my Wii backups from USB, of course, so I thought I'd set the GC games on an SD. Originally I tried with a 2g FAT32 with 32kb cluster, with Dios Mios Lite. I tried on both IOS249 and IOS236, got this error.

Switched to Dios Mios with USB, same same for formats, one IOS then the other, same error.

Switched to SDHC, 32gig with 32 or 64 kb clusters, IOS249, then IOS236, back to DMLite....same error.

Yes, the games are in the "games" folder and have been optimized (tried various programs for this but are currently optimized by DiscEX). I've tried using DMLizard and installing both the DML wad and the RVL-BC-V6 wad. I've tried DMToolbox.

I've tried using NeoGamma, WiiFlow, USB Loader GX, ConfigUSBLoader, and ConfigUSBLoaderMOD.

I've tried reformatting, reinstalling, etc. a number of times. I've tried a differed USB drive and different SD cards.

I always get the exact same error. Did I miss something? :( Help!!

2. wsdyleon

wsdyleon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    i think that it releated to the movable disk,my 3.0 removable disk cannot play ngc games but wii games were ok。
    and my another usb 2.0 work well for ngc games。

3. thequack

thequack Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2007
    Swaziland
    I had the same problem, but I tried another Cluster, I don't know anymore which exactly, and it'll work successfully for GC isos.

Edit: I using 2.10 DML (SD), always 1:1 dumps from my retail, with https://code.google.com/p/dios-mios-booter/

4. wsdyleon

wsdyleon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2011
    United States

thank u it really related with the cluster,it worked well using default 8k cluster。

thequack likes this.
  5. SomeWeirdSin

SomeWeirdSin GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2014
    United States
    Under the bridge
    Your cluster size needs to be 32kb or lower for gc games to load. Use usb-loader gx with the latest dios mios lite running IOS249. You don't need to optimize the games for them to work. Just make sure the .iso file is named 'game'. The file directory should go sd:/games/folder(name doesn't matter/game.iso I know this sounds obvious, but make sure you have a gc disc in the wii too. I've had so many problems in the past trying to get dios mios to work, so I feel your pain.