Hacking GBC

DarkElf101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I been trying to use goomba to use GBC games but it never seems to work. I compile the games then covnert the goomba.gba through the U-disk manager and when I try to run the game I just get crzy colors in the screen. I have alost tried not putting it through the U-disk manager and I still get the same issue. Am i doing something wrong do I need to drag other fiels into the G6 lite or what? I do have the EMU folder in it just to let you know. Im using goomba 2.0 from here http://www.webpersona.com/goomba/

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need the EMU folder, but you need to use goomba color, you can't use normal goomba. So make sure you have the color one. I have gotten it to work but can't get my save file from my EFA to work on it so I haven't experimented further. The save did work on my EFA.

DarkElf101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O ok I was using goomba but I foudn the goomba color alpaha 6 so I compiled the games and when I choose the goomba I get a yellow screen but not games am I missing anything elses? I did compile the games

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure. When I used it I got the menu screen that looks like a normal goomba screen with a list of the games. I added the rom through the udisk manager and I think I also got it to work using the direct copy mode but it ran with software patch and trim etc too.

DarkElf101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I compiled the games I put the goomba through th u-disk manager and then I added the GBC rome through the manager and when I start the goomba the goomba color one I just get a yellow screen but I have no Idea how to start the GBC rom:(

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what you mean by putting goomba through and then adding the gbc rom. Maybe you're doing it wrong.

DarkElf101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I compiled the roms to the goomba thing in the goomba color alpha folder then I copy it to the G6 Lite using the U-disk manager. After that I copy the GBC games using he U-disk manaher as well. Then I start the G6 Lite in GBA mode and I run the goomba the one with the compiled games and I just get a yellow screen. Were am I suppose to choose what game to run. In other word I run the goomba file but I get a yellow screen but not games to choose from

Jesus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have that problem. I found if you disable the splash screen it works fine. Of course, you can only pick between 9-10 or so games that way, so you may have to make multiple files depending on how many games you want.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like I said, unless I am misunderstanding, you don't add both a goomba folder and gbc roms to the g6. You use the compiling thing on your pc to generate a goomba .gba file, and then you use udisk to copy only that .gba file to your g6. This is probably a misunderstanding so sorry if it sounds like I'm over-explaining. I just thought it might help in case you're doing something wrong.

DarkElf101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i just thought of somehting and the only goomba file i get is 43k and I otld my firend to try it and he got a 2.04MB file and the games does work so maybe im doing something wrong selecting the output file? I just type in the name of i want it to be called and I get no file but my firend does:(

DarkElf101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I suppose to choose for for emulator fiel the goomba? and for Output file I just type in the name of what i want the .gba to be called. Im doing something wrong im just not sure what it is my friend tried it and it worked on the first time. He even sent me his output file and it does have the games on it.

Puyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Just create text file in your goomba directory and insert this text: "copy /b goomba.gba+game1.gbc+game2.gbc goombamenu.gba". Save the file. Change extension to .bat & run it. Ofcourse roms & and emu has to be in the same directory. Copy your goombamenu.gba to your G6 through manager.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll try to explain how I make a goomba file.

I have the goomba.gba file in the folder on my PC, and also the goombafront.exe file. You run the goombafront program and then add your roms to the pane on the right side of the screen. Then you choose Compile and it will make a gba file which is the game file you add with udisk to your g6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.