Gbatmw... let's shed a tear

• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 1,606
  • Replies 4
P

pasc

OP
I know I'm probably late for this and I don't know WHEN exactly it happened, but...

Seriously.

I never would've guessed that it would be converted in such way...

:cry:
(probably having to do with Leo not wanting to pay for the enourmous server costs anymore
- understandably)

- I wish there was a way to get a full mirror of the gbatmw last state - I would love to keep that on my Harddrive as a memory.

All we got is
PLEASE DON'T POST/ASK FOR DPGs.

Hello! This subreddit is a hopefully permanent low-maintenance replacement for GBA The Movie Way.
GBATMW (GBA The Movie Way) was started in 2004, and has taken various guises since then. Primarily built around the sharing of GBA, and then DS encoded videos, at our peak we had over 20,000 members. Then we stopped piratin', and things started shrinkin'. Such is life.

I'm truly saddend by this since this page was probably one of the first one's that got me into the whole GBA/DPG/etc scene.

I loved it ! I didn't visit it as often as I visit is as often nowadays as I visit gbatemp (and even that is not as frequent as it used to be), howevr that site always had a special meaning to me.

I salute to this site and bid it farewll with this topic.

(`_´)ゞ

Also I encourage ppl that knew the site as well as I did (if not even much more)
(Ender, Ruegore for example)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
A moment of silence :sleep:

(probably having to do with Leo not wanting to pay for the enourmous server costs anymore
- understandably)
It wasn't the server costs. The forum software got buggy and glitchy and required a complete overhaul, and it was too much work for one person, and there was no point in going through all that trouble just for the five or six people that were still visiting the forum at that time. So it was decided to just move to Reddit.

I miss you guys. :sleep:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't say I ever really went there but it was a good site run by good people. I will join people in an appreciative nod.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
RIP GBATMW. I remember chatting on IRC with other members when that 15 year old "hacker" 0xyG3N took the site down. I have many fond memories of the year or so that I was part of the community.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz