Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

GBAtemp's Official Wiikey Review

Wii modchip review

GBAtemp.net's Official Wiikey Review is now up!

A plethora of modchips has assaulted the Wii left, right and centre. It seems barely a day passes before another chip is announced. Hopefully this review will help you cut through the fat and see whether the Wiikey is the chip for you.

Many thanks to Cheapmod for providing the Wiikey for review.

icon11.gif
GBAtemp.net's Wiikey Review

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In dutch we say: Ik zie door de bomen het bos niet meer
Translation: Thanks to the tree's I can't see the forrest no more, which means that there are so many modchips that you hardly know any more which is good or not...

alanchiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This may be late, but its a good review, and the first Ive read with info on the dumping tool.
I havent got a wii yet, but Im looking forward to getting one of these when/if I do, just as long as I can find someone to install it for me!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the informative review. I've been holding out on the wii until the modchip scene is solid enough.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Translation: Thanks to the tree's I can't see the forrest no more, which means that there are so many modchips that you hardly know any more which is good or not...

[hijack]
The equivalent English saying is "You can't see the forest for the trees". The meaning is slightly different though, it usually means that someone is looking at so many details (the trees) that they miss the large issue (the forest).

Interesting how that's a little different.[/hijack]

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont care! It was about time there has been a counter to maxconsole's stupid cyclowiz review....

That and this is one very well written and covered, congrats opium!

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

[hijack]
The equivalent English saying is "You can't see the forest for the trees". The meaning is slightly different though, it usually means that someone is looking at so many details (the trees) that they miss the large issue (the forest).

Interesting how that's a little different.[/hijack]

I think he just doesn't know what the expression means.
wink.gif

I think I'm going to order my WiiKey today. As a US guy in Michigan, does anybody have any recommendations for who's good for reliable shipping at a good price?

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice review. I thought it was generally now accepted that it is better to burn at the disc's rated speed rather than always at slow (4x) speeds?

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Nice review
smile.gif
I fitted a wiikey in last week, and although started off bumpy, it is a solid little chip, and working great. Be aware that the wii is picky with media! From many posts, I think it doesn't do as well with DVD+R's than it does with DVD-R's

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excellent !
Just in time......My Wiikey is supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow after an awful three weeks wait...
I had no doubts about it's performance, but still it's refreshing(for my memories) to have a nice review and mini installation guide with lots of tips at hand just before I will attempt to crack open my Wii.
The process of the quick solder, seems even easier then I thought it might be...
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y