Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
GBAtemp's Official SuperPass Review

box-superpass-small.jpg

GBAtemp's Official Review of the Superpass is now online. Vince989 and myself have reviewed the SuperCard/SuperPass combo. Our seperate reviews of the two different versions of the SuperCard (CF and SD) are already up, so now we are looking at the DS functionality of the SuperCard.

Click HERE to go straight to the review.

Please feel free to leave comments in this thread.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The messed up menu image you have is due to whatever theme is currently applied in windows. Great review, pretty much agree, aside from that the SC SD I have is built very sturdy and fits excellent in the ds, unlike what I have heard of the CF model. Did you find your superpass to be a little too snug at all? Here is the menu from the SC CF software, feel free to use it if you'd like.
software3.jpg

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I have the SC CF and it's not very sturdy. Although I heard from Vince that the SD version is built well.

No I find the Superpass a good fit, seems fine to me.

thanks for the picture
smile.gif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the review. If I didn't own a supercard already, it would tell me a lot. Good Job.

Now, I was just wondering - what is that game under "Performance"?

edit: Oh, and can someone please point me to the best workin SNES emulator for DS? I looked on Zophar's Domain, they didn't have anything.... A page with all the emu's for DS would be nice... Thank you.

ChaosTheorySD

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm curious. Any old game can be stuck in the SuperPass? I haven't been keepign very tight tabs on the DS scene, but I remember way back you needed a game with a specific saver size for it to work. But now anything will do? And does it have to be the same game every time?

Ender15

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice Review.

I just got one question. Can it emulate other systems?

I heard the M3 can emulate several systems, including SNES.

Can the SuperPass emulate SNES? Can the M3 Emulate SNES?

Can any of them emulate SNES? (Now you see where my priorities lie
ph34r.gif
)

decript

A melon a day, keeps t3h monkey away
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Good review.
I got a question for Vince989, does the SD have in-game slowdowns cause apparently, the SD is slower than the CF? Does it also roughly last 3 hours? I'm a little confused, is there a way to gain more battery time like using the flash cards ram, and if so, what are the disadvantages.
Thanx

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
See - that's what I'm asking - cause I saw an snes folder..

You need to use the emulator 'snesDS' by loopy found here. There is no 'direct' support for snes, you have to convert the files yourself. I think it's the same for the M3. The emulator is very buggy though and....well I don't use it. I'm waiting for a snes emulator that (saying this politely) works
ph34r.gif
But feel free to give it a spin if you want. There are compatibility lists for it.

@ChaosTheorySD, yes any original DS game will work with the superpass. You just need it to bypass the ds's encryption so that ds roms boot up. Or if you change the saving method you can actually put the save file of the rom you are palying onto the original ds game in the superpass. But that doesn't happen if you choose to save onto the CF/SD card.

@Knux, that game was Cocoto Racer or something like that....nothing too snazzy.

@d3CRIPT, I'm not Vince but I can help answer somethings. I reported that i found my battery lasted roughly 3 hours. That's with my CF SuperCard. I was talking with Vince and he was conducting battery tests with his SD SuperCard and at the time his was still green on 4 hours 20 mins. It probably also depends on what game you were playing etc. But I think that the SD version of the supercard lasts longer... Also I think you will get more playtime if you choose not to load the game into the CF/SD card but instead into the Supercard (downside is you have to wait for the game to load at the start). But I can't confirm that, it's just speculation.

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here's the result of yesterday's battery test :

(tested with Nintendogs - Daschund and Friends (U) )

Game on SD card :
started at 7:32
low battery at 11:57
shutdown at 12:45

Quite a good length, but I'll have to compare it with the real copy of the game. In both tests, they will be done without any interaction (except bringing back the dogs when they go out), with 2 dogs just wandering and messing around. It is not something you should really back yourself up on, as I'm not changing scenes and all, just letting it play; however, it will give you an idea of how much more it drains the battery compared to real Nintendo cards. I have also thought of a few other variations, so let's just say it will have had a good amount of playtime with these...
smile.gif

And for d3CRIPT, I can't tell for the speed difference between CF and SD, but all reports have said that SD was having less slowdowns, so I'd believe these claims, since it was also done after the CF version, which means he must have improved some things in it.

- Vince989

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...