GBAtemp's Golden Threads Thread

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOSH I LEFT SO I'M GOING TO COME BACK HERE TO COMPLAIN.

If you left then you left, you shouldn't care about what goes on back here.

EDIT: Also the sheer ignorance I'm seeing is that the general assumption is that I wanted to derail that thread, that I wanted to troll, and that I hate Pokemon. All three of these are false.

If you actually read what I posted there, you'll see I was only criticizing this singular aspect of Pokemon Black which I felt took away from the main game (but did not, I repeat, did not ruin the game at all) and that Pokemon should stick to what it does best. I still said I enjoyed my experience with Pokemon Black and that the franchise, while having a lot of faults, is a guilty pleasure of mine. I was simply criticizing an aspect of the game.

I love Mass Effect and I'm sure we all remember the fallout of Mass Effect 3. I loved the ending as it was originally, and no one else did (well Gahars as an exception). Literally EVERYONE disagreed with me. Did I throw a hissy fit, say no one understands, and leave the forum? No, because I'm a grown ass man. I have discussed the ending with a lot of people here on many occasions and I never once got buttmad and left the forum. Why? Well first the people who discussed it aren't fucking twelve year olds. Second, because it's a video game. Not everyone is going to like it. I realize that.

I know you may say "BUT FROM BLACK-ICE'S PERSPECTIVE YOU'RE SHOVING YOUR OPINION DOWN HIS THROAT!" Um, no. I was stating my opinion very plainly. If he just went "Well I kinda liked the story but I will acknowledge some flaws and that's that" then it'd be a done conversation. But he immediately went on the slippery slope, started saying I "don't understand" or insulting me personally like a petty child.

And if you get buttmad over Pokemon, grow the fuck up. It's fucking Pokemon. Not like a called you some racial slur or something along those lines, I said your game has a bad story that detracts from the game compared to other entries in the franchise. If you don't like it, fucking deal with it. Grow a pair.

I almost never agree with Guild, but this time I do (aside from my thought that B&W's story was a decent attempt to test new waters IMO). He was being a respectable person until you decided to insult him personally.

Unagi

A disgrace to his famiry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOSH I LEFT SO I'M GOING TO COME BACK HERE TO COMPLAIN.

If you left then you left, you shouldn't care about what goes on back here.

EDIT: Also the sheer ignorance I'm seeing is that the general assumption is that I wanted to derail that thread, that I wanted to troll, and that I hate Pokemon. All three of these are false.

If you actually read what I posted there, you'll see I was only criticizing this singular aspect of Pokemon Black which I felt took away from the main game (but did not, I repeat, did not ruin the game at all) and that Pokemon should stick to what it does best. I still said I enjoyed my experience with Pokemon Black and that the franchise, while having a lot of faults, is a guilty pleasure of mine. I was simply criticizing an aspect of the game.

I love Mass Effect and I'm sure we all remember the fallout of Mass Effect 3. I loved the ending as it was originally, and no one else did (well Gahars as an exception). Literally EVERYONE disagreed with me. Did I throw a hissy fit, say no one understands, and leave the forum? No, because I'm a grown ass man. I have discussed the ending with a lot of people here on many occasions and I never once got buttmad and left the forum. Why? Well first the people who discussed it aren't fucking twelve year olds. Second, because it's a video game. Not everyone is going to like it. I realize that.

I know you may say "BUT FROM BLACK-ICE'S PERSPECTIVE YOU'RE SHOVING YOUR OPINION DOWN HIS THROAT!" Um, no. I was stating my opinion very plainly. If he just went "Well I kinda liked the story but I will acknowledge some flaws and that's that" then it'd be a done conversation. But he immediately went on the slippery slope, started saying I "don't understand" or insulting me personally like a petty child.

And if you get buttmad over Pokemon, grow the fuck up. It's fucking Pokemon. Not like a called you some racial slur or something along those lines, I said your game has a bad story that detracts from the game compared to other entries in the franchise. If you don't like it, fucking deal with it. Grow a pair.

Wait just a second here. You're only 19, good sir. :P If you were in your twenties or thirties, that'd work here, but you're only nineteen. From my culture, you don't exactly call yourself a grown man until you hit 21, lol.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wait just a second here. You're only 19, good sir. :P If you were in your twenties or thirties, that'd work here, but you're only nineteen. From my culture, you don't exactly call yourself a grown man until you hit 21, lol.
Actually, no.

Legal Age of Consent in the U.S varies between 16 and 18 depending on the state, Legal Adulthood is reached at 18, at which point you can join the Army and vote and the Legal Drinking Age is 21. He's been "Adult" for a year now, he just didn't reach Drinking Age yet.

Reactions: Gahars

Unagi

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh of course. I'm not gonna deny that he's an adult in the legal sense, but I was trying to point out the unspoken authority factor that people seem to think they have when they get there. I think what I was getting at was the fact that people were bitching he was forcing his stuff on others (which can vary by interpretation) making it feel almost condescending, and people getting upset over it. To me, it doesn't have too much weight because I'm in my twenties, whereas he's just fresh outta high school. For me, in my culture, you don't really get that authoritative feel until you're at least 21, or at least in my family that's how it goes, lol. :P When I think of grown-ass man, I think at least 20 or 30. Again, I'm not denying that he's technically an adult, but it's more of the unspoken part of it, the authority that comes as you hit that unspoken barrier.

Urk, maybe I'm going too deeply into this, and getting a bit ruffled over nothing. :P I was just putting this into a different opinion, that's all. Not everyones gonna agree with me, but I grew up in a completely different environment, having been hardened from years and years of bullying. I just stick up for people because, well, I've been in their spot. I've been attacked before, and I hate to see it happen to others.

EDIT: Small example here, it feels like the two tie in together. I used to practice Taekwondo. I got a second degree black belt too. :) Well anyways, I took to mentoring a student outside of class. The student was a real joy to work with, I found a lot of fun teaching him, he was like a brother to me. Then he hits black belt, and he kind of became a complete asshole, talking back to me, talking shit on others, all of that. He got expelled from the academy as a consequence. He kinda hit that "adult" level in the legal sense, he gets the certificate, blah blah blah, but he was only sixteen at the time. He was talking shit to ME and the instructors, and I was 23 at the time, this being two years ago.

It's what I feel like has happened here, except the public sees Guild as this student that I took on. I still believe in him, I still like him for who he is, but sometimes it goes too far and it more often than not hurts others.

Unagi

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha like I said, I was probably looking too deeply into this. :P I'm sure I've pissed someone off, or made myself look stubborn or douchey in someone's eyes, and if I've offended someone, yeah I'm sorry. I was just throwing out my two cents, for all it was worth.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mfw The Old Republic thread

qL0ln.gif

(Editing out the drop of water took forever, but it was so, so worth it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: What are we playing today?