GBAtemp's E3 Show Floor Coverage: Video Edition

e3-2016-800x400.png

Hello again, everyone! Are you all ready for some more E3 coverage? This time, I've got some convention and gameplay footage that I took while I was there. Some of the videos are a bit choppy to watch, but it was the best I could do with an iPhone while anxiously waiting in line to try out games, haha! Let's settle in and watch some videos!

As I walked towards Nintendo's booth, I tried to take in the sights of the convention. It's amazing how quiet it looks here. A few minutes later and the entire place was flooded with lines 100 times worse than Disneyland! Later days of the convention would have people running madly straight towards the Zelda line after realizing just how long it was the first day.

"Hashtag Horizon Zero Dawn!" -Sony's press team, constantly. This cool looking robot consisted of a person walking around and working the controls from the inside to make it move and have it make noises. Most of the times I saw the robot, it was outside underneath the blazing California sun. Hope that robot has an air conditioning feature!

Now over here, you have Sony's VR setup---wait...hold on, is that the creature from The Last Guardian?! It is! Here's a giant screen showing off the big guy's facial animations. Look at the way its ears tilt and turn, impressive! And cute!

Kingdom Hearts 3 might have been a no-show, but the oddly named Kingdom Hearts 2.8 was certainly there to play. Here's some quick footage of the game. It looks absolutely stunning.

Alright, Gravity Rush 2! I can't wait to play this on my Vita...oh, wait. The PS4 sequel to the fantastic 2012 Vita game is on display here, and from what I played, it's going to be just as great as the first.

Over in the South Hall, a band called Super Soul Bros. were playing some really sweet covers of songs from many different video games. Can you guess what this tune is?

E3 was full of neat cars on display to advertise all of the racing games. Here's a really cool car on a pedestal advertising Xbox's Forza Horizon 3!

There may not have been any demo to play, but Atlus had this Persona 5 trailer video playing over by their booth. It's a shame we'll have to wait until February for this!

Here's a small bit of the Persona 5 Character Design with Shigenori Soejima panel that Atlus had. It sure was crowded near the stage! The art director for the Persona series talks about his design choices and art-style for the upcoming Persona 5.

Well, here it is. I've saved the best for last. It's Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice! ...Huh? Hey wait, come back! Okay, it certainly isn't the best, but it's still the Hedgehog's big 25th anniversary title...for now. Here, you can see that the game runs without massive glitches or game-breaking bugs, unlike a similar title we all know and love. Whether that's a good or bad thing is for you to decide.

Hope you all enjoyed watching! If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Twitter thread and Day 1's write-up. And don't forget to follow the @GBAtemp Twitter account!

:arrow: Twitter Live Update Thread
:arrow: Day 1

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sad thing of e3 is that its more an investors showcase and so they dont showcase a lot of the playable games and what happens is all the time and attention is focus on games you see two-three years in a row like Horizon Zero Dawn, or ff15 and last guardian for 8 of the last 10 years.

and then people give 'game of the show' awards and games that werent playable somehow make those lists, or gameplay was not shown to the general public so nobody knows how it is

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared