Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

GBAtemp Wifi Night #1

This Saturday Night

Well you guys wanted it and now it's here! GBAtemp's first ever wifi night will be held this Saturday night. This is a time when you can get together with GBAtemp members and chat and organise casual DS wifi matches.

We understand that GBAtemp's brilliant community encompasses all reaches of the globe, that's why there will be two timeslots for the same wifi night. The nights will be split into two regions; USA and Europe.

The USA event will take place at 9pm -5 GMT (UTC -5 EST). These are the times in different timezones:

SAT

USA - New York - 9PM

USA - San Francisco - 6PM

SUN

Australia - Sydney - 1PM

Australia - Perth - 10AM

Japan - Tokyo - 11AM

New Zealand - Auckland - 3PM

Full Timezone List

The Europe event will take place at 8pm GMT. These are the times in different timezones:

SAT

U.K - London - 8pm

Russia - Moscow - 11pm

France - Paris - 9pm

Brazil - Rio De Janeiro - 6pm

Full Timezone List

A chat room will be organised and details released just before the events begin. We hope to see as many of you there as possible
smile.gif
A casual night of DS gaming fun awaits!

sixb0nes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Question. Are people from, say, Australia allowed to particpate in the Euro event and vice versa? You don't have the timezones listed for Europe in the US event, so I assume not. But whatever, its your event and your rules so whatever.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I think anyone can participate to any event.
It's just a matter of time zones... it's made so you can have a choice.

QUOTE said:
Chat rooms? Huh?
Yes we're setting up an IRC Java applet and will also reveal the details concerning the chatroom (so you can connect via mIRC for example).

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
You can attend both if you want
smile.gif

I'm updated the post with a link to what time it will be all around the globe for each event. Hopfully that'll help you plan when to show up
smile.gif

We'll be making an announcement close to the start of the Wifi night right here on gbatemp with a link to the chatroom.

Wait sorry, maybe I misunderstand. Will there be one wifi event, or two?

It's technically one GBAtemp Wifi Night, but we had to split it into two events. Basically just turn upto the event that suits you best (or both if you wish). It'll be a time you can chat with other gbatemp members and organise some matches. No rules, nothing strict.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depending on how long these last I may be there. I usually work Saturday nights and don't get home until 45 minutes after the start time. This Saturday though I work the morning shift so I hope to play you guys Saturday night then. Who's up for some Clubhouse Games?

bbgun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is so cool
biggrin.gif
.....................but one more thing.........i dont have a usb adapter to go on wi-fi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cry.gif
:'( but ill be in the chat to see whats going on we should have monthly events like this
smile.gif
good way to kwon evry one.

GameJesus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This looks like fun everyone should set their default name to their alias so people dont get confused with random names. I'm really not that good at many multiplayer games except the ones involving shooting. like Goldeneye and metroid i will try to make this because this is fun chatting with everyone as it is ^^

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think anyone can participate to any event.
It's just a matter of time zones... it's made so you can have a choice.

QUOTE said:
Chat rooms? Huh?
Yes we're setting up an IRC Java applet and will also reveal the details concerning the chatroom (so you can connect via mIRC for example).

Okay, lol, I thought for some reason DS Wifi chat rooms, like, on the DS. Like.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll be sure to be there with all my wi-fi games close to my side. Clubhouse games is going to rock.

If your flash cart is on your hip, then you're set to go
biggrin.gif

I'll do my best to be there, but I'm going downtown to see the entire old-town light up with X-mas lights, so I dont know what time i'll be there.
grog.gif
grog.gif
BRING YOUR GROG!!!!

gimpymoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill be there.

What a GREAT IDEA !!!

As im in Europe, Im starting with the European one at 8pm then staying up for the US party.

Pizza and beverages at the ready
biggrin.gif

BaHaMut_ZeR0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleach DS anyone?
It's an import, though...I know that in LA County, the Fry's at Burbank has it, for sure. You can take the train to the Burbank Airport..it's like 1/4 mile southeast from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol