GBAtemp Tournaments
The place to find official GBAtemp tournaments and general competitive discussions.
GBAtemp Tournaments
GBAtemp Tournaments

GBAtemp Tournament Revival

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scarlet
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 65
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Likes Likes 1

Scarlet

Editorial Ascendant
Chief Editor
GBAtemp Patron
Joined
Jan 7, 2015
Messages
6,895
Solutions
2
Reaction score
21,615
Trophies
5
Location
Middleish South-Left
Website
scarlet.works
XP
32,938
Country
United Kingdom
With Pokemon Champions launching this week, I figured now was the time to get GBAtemp tournaments back up and running, with the aforementioned game as the first focus. Champions seemed ideal for the fact it's free for anybody to pick up who owns a Switch or Switch 2, and Pokemon is pretty popular here. I'm not entirely against doing Pokemon Showdown for some events, but I do want to give Champions a fighting shot.

The plan is to do a tournament every month, likely on a weekend, with a small prize being handed out to the winner. Likely something along the lines of a £20 eShop voucher, but I'll confirm the prize on a given tournament's announcement post.

If anybody has any ideas for good games for future events, by all means throw them below. Outside of Pokemon I've also got Mario Kart on the mind, though I'm still thinking of the best way to run something like that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ruryk
maybe ban Ubers for one (I rathern ot be mowed down by some cheap-ass trainer packing a team of legendaries also as a good intro to the game (and more fun) the first one should be a rental tourney no home mon all random recruits abd ofc you can use tickets to modify your teams stats/abillities (I dont know much about it i get my brothers old switch next week
 
maybe ban Ubers for one (I rathern ot be mowed down by some cheap-ass trainer packing a team of legendaries also as a good intro to the game (and more fun) the first one should be a rental tourney no home mon all random recruits abd ofc you can use tickets to modify your teams stats/abillities (I dont know much about it i get my brothers old switch next week
Playing on Champions there's really not many traditional Ubers in the game anyway, but given that you can see the most used Pokemon in-game, banning the top 10 could actually be a really fun idea. I'll have a think. The game is somewhat limited in the battle settings you can pick, so things like manually-enforced custom ban lists are about the extent of what we can do right now.
 
how bout for the prize the winner has to sit the next one out (basicly you can't win 2 tourneys in a row if their too good it might be a turn off for this-
 

Group statistics

Group owner:
Scarlet
Members:
11
Threads:
1
Messages:
7

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted