GBAtemp Recommends Revival # 015

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Jan 23, 2012.

Jan 23, 2012
  1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the 15th issue of the GBAtemp Recommends Revival Project! This project is a weekly feature where we share our favorite games and applications with you. The things we recommend may be "old school" titles, a Homebrew, a ROM hack, sleeper hits, an application, etc, but one thing's for certain, we think they are fantastic and deserve your attention!

GBAtemp Recommends!

The Legend of Kage​

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Legend of Kage is an action platformer released for the NES in 1986. The game stars a young ninja named Kage who must rescue Princess Kiri from the evil villains.

The game is played across varied settings which include a forest, a secret passage way, and a castle. During each stage our hero Kage must throw shuriken or strike with a short sword. Play unfolds through running, jumping, attacking, and strategic defensive moves. Power-ups manifest at random and offer such upgrades as larger shuriken or faster movements. Additionally, ninja-magic aids our hero when scrolls are collected and play is paused during which enemies drop to their deaths.

While many versions of the game were released for various systems (home computers, arcade, and consoles) it was the NES version which I enjoyed the most. The addictive music, ninja high-jump action, and clever upgrade system (including new colored ninja outfits) made it a real treat for the NES. The game is simple in its arcade roots while offering an experience worth recommending! Best of all the game plays exceptionally well on PocketNES and NesDS, making it a must have ROM for either emulator.

Genre: Action Platformer
    Type: Retail Release
    Release Date: 1986
    Published by: Taito Corporation
    System: NES

If you enjoyed this weeks edition of GBAtemp Recommends! please leave a comment in the thread. This helps us monitor feedback and ensures we keep posting these articles in the future.

[​IMG] Official GBAtemp Recommends! Mini-Page & History

2. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    God I loved this game when I was a kid.

3. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    ohhhh! so this was the game we used to play. is this the one where u have to save a girl but as soon as u save her someone takes her again?
    and isnt this and legend of kage (?) for the ds the same name and category etc.?

4. ChaosZero816

Member ChaosZero816 Temp's Official Random Member

Philippines
    I remember this game as a child. One of the hardest for me but still fun. Gotta play this again sometime.

5. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Don't think I had a chance to play this one yet, thanks for the recommendation.