GBAtemp Recommends! Guru Logi Champ

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Dec 3, 2008.

1. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    [​IMG] GBAtemp Recommends! Guru Logi Champ
    G.R. Issue #7 (GBA)
    [​IMG]
    How did you find Sabre Wulf? Did you wolf it down?

Welcome back! You are now reading the seventh issue of GBAtemp Recommends! - a weekly magazine feature in which we share our favourite Game Boy Advance titles. The games we recommend may be top titles from the GBA library, or they may be sleeper hits that flew by the radar, but one thing's certain, they're all fantastic games that deserve your play time!

GBAtemp Recommends!

Guru Logi Champ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    We thought we'd treat you to a puzzle game this week, and what better title to pick as the first puzzle game in the GBAtemp Recommends! library than this?

Guru Logi Champ is simply one of the best pick-up-and-play puzzle games on the Game Boy Advance (or any system for that matter). If you enjoy a good challenge then you'll love this game. The game is kind of a mash-up between Picross and Pengo, with the object of the game being to "draw" a specific object by firing blocks into the play area - a large grid which has a few "base" blocks already set down for you to build around. You can spin the play field 90° to change where your blocks are shot, but may find the path obstructed by the preliminary blocks -- and there lies the challenge. You can also recall blocks you have fired, and remove them from the play field - which you may need, as you are only issued a certain amount of blocks per level!

With some of the best presentation, graphics and sound effects on the GBA, this title is sure to make you smile. The game has a great story with some hilariously random cut-scenes, and the "Champs" as they're called are awesome little critters (you may have even seen them around GBAtemp and the net in avatars and sigs). Unfortunately the game never saw a release outside of Japan, and the majority of the text is in Japanese. But don't let that put you off, it's still very easy to find your way around and to play through the game without even the slightest knowledge of the language.

Give this one a spin, we know you'll have a blast!

If you're still unsure about the game, then there's even a 10 level PC demo of the game available for you to try. We're good to you, aren't we?
    On top of that, NTSC-uk has even (just recently) released a full blown "translation" for the game - no, not a patch unfortunately! But a very comprehensive guide which we've linked to below. (Thanks NTSC-uk and Sorrel Tilley).

2. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    Might have to try these out sometime.

W00t first post!

3. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Jeez I love this game so much. [​IMG]

4. pikirika

pikirika GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2004
    Planeta Axturias
  5. J_Devon

J_Devon Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2006
    Netherlands
    Awesome game!

Not just great gameplay, it's hilarious as well [​IMG]

6. Deekman

Deekman GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2002
    Canada
    MB, Canada
    Great game, I wanna throw in Hachimon as the next "GBATemp Recommends" such a great game.

7. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2007
    Croatia
    Depths of Nuclear powerplant
    Never heard of it [​IMG]
    I watched the video and it's kinda picross-ish...I think I'll enjoy it fully....Can't wait to play a bit later in bed..
    And I absolutely love the style of graphics and the whole presentation of game overall..

8. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Any long term GBAtemp member knows that game is going to pop up in GR sooner or later [​IMG]

9. cupajoe

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

Aug 25, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    I'm about to play this right now [​IMG]

10. Sadman

Sadman Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2006
    I'm a fan of puzzle games and this is amazing. Unknown to me until today, thanks GBAtemp recommends! [​IMG]

11. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    The recommended games get weirder and more obscure all the time. Will this keep up?

12. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    No, sometimes we'll shove a biggy in there too.

We've already had Golden Sun & Boktai.

13. jayminer

jayminer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2004
    Sweden
    This game is so lovely! Unfortunately it gets a little too hard for me in the later levels!

14. Stanny

Stanny Advanced Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Serbia, Republic of
    Really cool game! It`s allways on my micro.
    Thanx a lot for recommendation posts!

15. BluepointVance

BluepointVance Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2003
    United States
    My all time favorite puzzle game. Incredibly addictive. Fun. Funny. Brain bending (on the later levels.)

If you haven't played this thing and you like puzzle games, you have truly missed out.

16. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Mine too! And I'm stuck. And I keep trying it anyway cause it's just that awesome [​IMG]

17. HernanZh

HernanZh GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Wooo Compile [​IMG]
    These little ducks also starred in other Compile games, but they're hardly interesting though.

18. ds6220

ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 10, 2006
    United States
    I LOVE this game. for the longest time I used to have a picture from this game as my signature.....but then I lost the file. One of my favorite parts is the bathroom level where the little dude is riding it backwards.

19. hepheisto

hepheisto Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2008
    Gambia, The
    does anyone know a translation patch? cant speak japanese >.

20. cupajoe

cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

Aug 25, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota