GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
Hey everyone, sorry for causing an uproar over editing Wikipedia. It was honestly just for laughs.

To everyone who said it was "really low of Warm Woolly Sheep! How dare he CHEAT to better his chances for an acekard!"

I'd like to point out that I never entered the contest. My intention was to have a laugh, not win or cheat. While I'm sure Acekard is a great product and I thank the company for supporting this site, I don't want an acekard2 because I don't own a DS, nor do I want one - gameboy micro is perfect in my eyes.

I had no idea people would take this quiz so seriously, or that what I was doing was against the rules. So again, sorry everyone, I'll think more carefully before pulling my next prank.
Hey, vandalizing Wikipedia is never a good thing to do, even for laughs. Many people take this stuff seriously, and they put in a lot of their time and effort for a non-profit site. They don't get paid or even credited, but they care about knowledge.

Unfortunately, I must thank you for what you did. Since it happened a few hours after I submitted my answers, it lowered my competition while not harming me at all. Although, I am still rather confused as to why no one took my warnings seriously.
hate2.gif

lukereeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol luckily I believe I entered before the wiki was changed, however have you not thought that the reason people were annoyed with you changing it is because you ruined the competition for them. Searching wiki is allowed so you effectively ruined their chances of getting something for nothing. Much like you do when you win a competition.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have a question. On 11. Which Wii title stirred up a large amount of international controversy? do you want the answer which stirred the most? What if a game was censored in some areas but not in others does that count?

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MyLoveGbatemp said:
I really hope I win i never had a flashcarts for ds.
Acekard 2 looks so cool and i want it so much i think i got about 2 wrong answers..
O well I hope ppl get wrong a lot (Just kidding)
Those questions were hard but Gbatemp thx for the greatest quiz that i ever taken it.(better than pop quiz huh?)
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
^^Is this guy one of those who joined only for th quiz or to lurk.You would think because of his fishy name he would have 1000 posts,but he only has 1.
Hmmmmm after the quiz is over.Can the answers be shown.Some of them were confusing,and I am wondering how many I got right.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apb407 said:
i have a question. On 11. Which Wii title stirred up a large amount of international controversy? do you want the answer which stirred the most? What if a game was censored in some areas but not in others does that count?

That question was pretty obvious, Think about it, or read a Video Game Controversy article.

Andri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.i-pwn.net
XP
Country
I just spent good 3 hours working out the answers.
My work is too easy. Lol..
I agree with Eternal Myst, I'd like to see the answers after the quiz is over.
smile.gif

tiger1807

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it would be a miracle for me to win
hate2.gif

not because i got all of them wrong ( i know only 2 might be wrong, or even none) its because in the last 5 years, i tried raffles for wii, ps3 ds, plasma tv and every single useful electronic device, and i never won even ONE.

Its up to gbatemp.net to stop my rampage!

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
Hey everyone, sorry for causing an uproar over editing Wikipedia. It was honestly just for laughs.

To everyone who said it was "really low of Warm Woolly Sheep! How dare he CHEAT to better his chances for an acekard!"

I'd like to point out that I never entered the contest. My intention was to have a laugh, not win or cheat. While I'm sure Acekard is a great product and I thank the company for supporting this site, I don't want an acekard2 because I don't own a DS, nor do I want one - gameboy micro is perfect in my eyes.

I had no idea people would take this quiz so seriously, or that what I was doing was against the rules. So again, sorry everyone, I'll think more carefully before pulling my next prank.
Wikipedia eh? Hmmm, and to think I thought of more options than just that. There are two very useful places to check and they both start with a "G" and end with a ".com" Never trust crap that can be edited so easily
smile.gif

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SaltyDog said:
Warm Woolly Sheep said:

Wikipedia eh? Hmmm, and to think I thought of more options than just that. There are two very useful places to check and they both start with a "G" and end with a ".com" Never trust crap that can be edited so easily
smile.gif
Yes... But many people used Wikipedia not knowing the "risks" apparently. Even if vandalism/edits are fixed, it's not fixed 24/7.

And people are still complaining about this guy. What are you going to do? BAN him? Magical admin powers, go! Muahahahah!

porcobobo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
since my old supercard CF broke, i'm hoping for a new flashcard...
when my brother told me about this quiz, i rushed in, registered, took my chance, and i'm eager to see the results. i hope i win.
if i dont, does anyone want to donate a flashcard to a poor brazilian guy? anyone would be appreciated
smile.gif

and may the results come in!
grog.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think once the comp ends it would be fun to have a list of all the entries in order of their score and the date they completed their entires, maybe its just me but I would find it interesting.....
unsure.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4