GBAtemp now allows foreign language Groups

After long discussions and debate within the staff we are pleased to announce that we have decided to accept foreign language Groups.

langs.jpg

What does this mean?
  • Groups can be made for foreign language speakers.
    Discussions inside Groups will be permitted to be carried out in a language other than English. Unlike the main GBAtemp forums which will remain English only. However, you will not be able to forbid someone from replying in English (nor report them for doing so), but discussion in the native language can be encouraged.

• Will Groups for foreign language speakers have to be limited to certain topics?
    No, you are welcome to create a Group for any topic you wish!

• Do I need to do anything special when creating a non-English language Group?
    Group Name: The Group name can either be in the Groups intended language or English. Either is fine. You may also wish to put the language in the Group name (or perhaps a flag 🇨🇳) but this isn't required.
    Group Category: Please ensure you select the 'Non-English Groups' category when creating a Group.

• How will GBAtemp (a primarily English speaking site) moderate non-English Groups?
    Group Owners will be responsible for ensuring that the existing GBAtemp terms, conditions and rules are observed and followed so it is important that you only create, own and/or moderate a Group in a language that you are fluent in.

:arrow: GBAtemp Forum Rules & Guidelines

If a Group is in violation of any of these terms then it may be removed without prior notice and depending on the severity of the offence, the Group owner may be warned/suspended/banned etc.

Groups will also be closely moderated by existing GBAtemp staff who may speak the language naively or by use of a variety of translation tools.

GBAtemp members will also be able to use the standard Report function to alert staff of any inappropriate posts or content, providing they have access to the Group (if private).

• Are there any caveats/limitations to non-English Groups?
    Non-English Groups can only be made for well recognised languages - that means no klingon, pig-latin etc.. Groups ignoring this may be removed.
    Also, as mentioned above, you cannot forbid people to reply in English for any reason.

• I only speak English; can I choose to hide non-English Groups across GBAtemp?
    At this time you cannot, however we are reviewing this idea.
Please note that the GBAtemp staff will be reviewing this idea going forward. If for any reason allowing non-English Groups becomes too difficult for staff to maintain, we may reconsider the facility of the feature but will let people know in advance.

Thanks for reading and happy "Grouping"! :)

Last edited by shaunj66,

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Al chile.

I only speak English; can I choose to hide non-English Groups across GBAtemp?
At this time you cannot, however we are reviewing this idea.
I hope this happens sooner rather than later, because it's not just for people who only speak English, some people might just prefer English exclusively.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope there's enough support for Non-Latin alphabets.
I never thought I would see the Latin language's biggest proponent seeking support for non Latin characters

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
@Costello Still pushing the idea of using an Icon to let people viewing Recent Content that a thread title is a Group Thread.

🤷‍♀️
groups will soon have their own individual icons to let them stand out in the Recent content and stuff :)
group owners will be able to choose the icon they want among a list (or something like that)
it'll make groups even better and more customizable :)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gbatemp exclusive huh? :ninja:

Well I exclusively, speak english. (Because it's all I know) :ph34r:

Now someone teach me how to say "Hello" in other languages so I can welcome the foreign language groups.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gbatemp exclusive huh? :ninja:

Well I exclusively, speak english. (Because it's all I know) :ph34r:

Now someone teach me how to say "Hello" in other languages so I can welcome the foreign language groups.
let me teach you some german : Guten Tag is good day in german , Willkommen is welcome , Auf Wiedersehen is good bye and here is a lil slang term for goodbye : Hau Rein

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I did request a ban on Danish groups... so far I haven't gotten any response.

"Med plutonium tvingar vi dansken på knä!"

• Haha
Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh