#GBAtemp.net - Move from EFnet to our own server?

What should be done?

• Move to GBAtemp server

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay on EFnet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So far the yes's have it. But the only way I will join is if host masking and there is vhost, vhost isnt to impotent however host mask is for me

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JPH said:
This thread is about moving the #GBAtemp.net channel to a different server - not about other channels.
Don't derail the thread, yo.
We're actually having a pretty good civilized conversation here, that does somewhat have to do with the topic.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Also, I have been informed that if we switch it will be staff only that gets ops
wink.gif

If we were to switch, how do you guys think it would be best to implement the IRC channel into the website?

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT??? Did i hear you say no more bots??? What about sp33chy. When I used to go on irc, sp33chy was like the bm of irc. But, I haven't been active on irc in a long time, and last time i went on, sp33chy wasn't there. So, it's a pretty good idea i guess.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
jgu1994 said:
WHAT??? Did i hear you say no more bots??? What about sp33chy. When I used to go on irc, sp33chy was like the bm of irc. But, I haven't been active on irc in a long time, and last time i went on, sp33chy wasn't there. So, it's a pretty good idea i guess.
sp33chy was removed ages ago.
If you wanna know why - PM me
tongue.gif

Also, yeah, don't think we will need bots.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
JPH said:
Also, I have been informed that if we switch it will be staff only that gets ops
wink.gif

If we were to switch, how do you guys think it would be best to implement the IRC channel into the website?
The only way available is some sort of Java or possibly Flash application, theres really no other ways basically.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Id say having a client put on the site, bit it java, cgi or whatever. Not sure what else could be done... Oh how about a release bot, or a pre channel. When a new game is released it will show in a channel, of course wont tell you how to get it. or when a new DS game info is posted on the site. something like that.

tKo HaXoR

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
own servers! THATS GREAT! I VOTE FOR THE NEW SERVERS! As long as it is not a piece of shit server that is always down, or crashing, im all for it! Hopefully if it does crash, you guys have a back up so i won't lose posts just like in this one forum i visited daily! I had like 975 or so.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
bangbanger said:
Id say having a client put on the site, bit it java, cgi or whatever. Not sure what else could be done... Oh how about a release bot, or a pre channel. When a new game is released it will show in a channel, of course wont tell you how to get it. or when a new DS game info is posted on the site. something like that.
I already planned on having a bot in the channel that would announce new ROM/Homebrew news posts into the channel and tie the bot into the site and so on.

Also personally, I have no problem with Spikey, I like the fellow. He may not be perfect and hay be a hardass at times, but he keeps the channel organized and sane. Spikey wasn't around for a week once and the channel ended up going to complete chaos real fast and well, it wasn't a fun place to chat anymore. While I may not agree with all his decisions, he has been doing a good job overall with managing the channel.

Anyways, enough off-topic chatter. Please stick to the topic here about possibly moving to another server.
smile.gif

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont realy know what type of features efnet doesnt have, but half the time when i'm on #gbatemp.net no one says anything interesting/atall anyway. Thats why i reckon #gbatemp.ta is more interesting.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
I see what you did there. You swifly moved on the topic so they wouldn't be any more talk on how spikey is abusing his powers.

ph34r.gif

How about JPH abusing his power to ban me for calling him a child (he is, it's a fact!) and the other crap he did? Even Spikey wouldn't do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8