GBAtemp a malware ??

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was in the edge of the forum and i clicked on a topic and it gave me a warning that GBAtemp hosts a malware called "www.fileden.com" here a picture proving it
34rai4k.jpg

i uploaded it to tinypic and i did't edit this or anything i just took the screen shot and cropped out my toolbar
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
is this really ? or is my computer messed up?

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Ringo619 said:
So i was in the edge of the forum and i clicked on a topic and it gave me a warning that GBAtemp hosts a malware called "www.fileden.com" here a picture proving it
34rai4k.jpg

i uploaded it to tinypic and i did't edit this or anything i just took the screen shot and cropped out my toolbar
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
is this really ? or is my computer messed up?

It's not the 'temp. According to the screenie you posted it's somewhere called 'Fileden'. I suspect someone is storing/linking to an image or file of some sort there and that particular site has been flagged as harmful. As it sounds like an upload site, (Fileden) someone uploaded a virus and everyone storing files with them has to suffer.

Something similar happened to me with Dropbox...

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
someone must be hosting their signature on this website.
i'll check out the topic you indirectly showed us (url on the screenshot) and remove the sig

edit: fixed

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is entirely possible there is a piece of adware that has injected the offending content into the page, VIA tracking cookie.
Normal ads do that, so it is not beyond the realm of possibility, that you have a bad cookie in your system somewhere.
If you get the same flag again, please post again, or drop me a message.

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be only happening with that topic ive just randomly opened topics and some topics with large amouts of pictures and nothing is wrong its just that certain topic

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, that was the hosting site I used. My bad they where ok before
smile.gif
Thanks for the heads up Costello and sorry for the inconvenience to everyone my Sig affected.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I host my shadow radio programs on there and link to them in my sig, could that possibly be it? i mean, it's a direct link to the file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-