gbatemp should open a store and sell flash cards
biggrin.gif

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Interesting ... if there are good offers i might buy something ... i always wanted a DS with flash card but because of the price i am alwayys thinking so long about it that in the end i won't buy it ...

so i think its good idea ... ppl can get rid of the stuf they don't want any more and others might be lucky getting something for a price they can actually pay

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 100 post requirement should be waived for accounts older than 1 year, or maybe 6 months. I've seen a lot of people with only a few posts that have been registered for years.

I agree, as I've been a member of this forum for a little over four years now and I'm not much of a poster. It would be a slap in the face if access to such a forum is purely based on post count. I've been here at this forum, pretty much since it was founded.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The 100 post requirement should be waived for accounts older than 1 year, or maybe 6 months. I've seen a lot of people with only a few posts that have been registered for years.

I agree, as I've been a member of this forum for a little over four years now and I'm not much of a poster. It would be a slap in the face if access to such a forum is purely based on post count. I've been here at this forum, pretty much since it was founded.

That may be true and we're grateful for all the 'old' members here
smile.gif

But, if you haven't posted here too often then people will not know who you are. Even if you've been here since way back. We don't want just randoms with only a few posts to try and sell something, it could lead to problems. I don't know if I'd trust my money with someone who I can't remember seeing around the forums.

Also we have methods in place to prevent people just spamming to get 100 posts. We'll reveal that when the forum opens.

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That may be true and we're grateful for all the 'old' members here
smile.gif

But, if you haven't posted here too often then people will not know who you are. Even if you've been here since way back. We don't want just randoms with only a few posts to try and sell something, it could lead to problems. I don't know if I'd trust my money with someone who I can't remember seeing around the forums.

Also we have methods in place to prevent people just spamming to get 100 posts. We'll reveal that when the forum opens.

I read these forums all the time and with the amount of members on here I don't know much of anyone. Also I don't put trust in post counts, as it means little to me and has nothing to do with trustworthiness. Obviously this "For Sale/Trade" forum will have some skewed rules, that will just force me to go elsewhere, where trades are based on feedback; either on the forum itself or Ebay, where someone can message that member through their Ebay account to verify identity.

It means little to me in the long run, but I still think that those who have been here as long as I have, shouldn't be excluded. (I don't even see many users post that have registered near the time that I have. A lot have become some form of moderator/adminstrator
tongue.gif
)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Your posts do reflect your identity in a way.

For any member you can click on their profile and be taken to every post that member has ever made. Those posts form their identity as it's the only thing you know them by.

If a member has an active forum identity he/she would be less likely to rip you off.

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For any member you can click on their profile and be taken to every post that member has ever made. Those posts form their identity as it's the only thing you know them by.

If a member has an active forum identity he/she would be less likely to rip you off.

Funny this is the only "For Sale/Trade" forum that has stated that for trades one should go by the amount of posts a user has. Any forum that I have ever traded or sold something on I have gone by either confirmed trades for that user or Ebay. I highly recommend anyone thinking of doing trades to make sure that user has some references.

You might be thinking that people have to start somewhere if they have no references and only a post count, but this is rectified by those very people dealing with users who have references. In a trade it is common practice that the person with the most references is the one to send out his/her item only after receiving the other person's item.

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about a selling count ( like a post count) everytime someone sells something thier selling count goes up and let people leave feedback
biggrin.gif

This will most likely be added, as it is quite rare for a "Sale/Trade" forum not to have such a feature. Unless the owner of this forum wants this "Sale/Trade" forum to operate upon word of mouth and users with high post counts and a good personality.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Although this is very off-topic, I believe an avatar also gives you a large identity if you don't constantly change it.

- Sam

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like the idea for Sale/Trade count.
GBAtemp is so awesome!

I'mma start to give away some free shit, (free shit does not include shipping).
Like my passkey 2 8-/.

Q~

Farami9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry the trading is open now?...

I'm guessing I can't enter because of my post number

Also I really think the trade forum should be split to wanted and selling. The wanted section could be entered by a smaller number of posts as these people would have to provide the money first only they could not scam people...

Callmegary

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh no! Wanted to buy a second hand supercard off someone but not a "long time member" oh well but great idea anyway great site keep it up guys or girls...whichever sex you are, or transgender if your like that, or alian if your not from earth....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
i joined on the 11th
today the 31st, in 20 days i've done 1 post.
so it should only take another 1980 days to go! OR 5 years and 5 months!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

cry.gif
woow hoo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1