GBA Wireless adapter <-> PC

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by MajinCry, Aug 1, 2011.

Aug 1, 2011

GBA Wireless adapter <-> PC by MajinCry at 3:14 PM (4,860 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. MajinCry
    OP

Newcomer MajinCry Member

United Kingdom
    I have been doing some thinking about buying an EZ Flash IV, and considering it's rather high price tag, and found my GBA Wireless adapter. Now, I am very curious of what could be done with this.

If any of you have heard of VBALink Emulator, you'll know by now what I want to enquire about.

For those that haven't, I want to know if it is at all possible, with the wonders of bluetooth, the internet, and other such wonders, to connect your gameboy to your PC without any wires, to extract/replace game saves on a GBA/GBC cartridge in a GBA, such as Pokemon Gold, or Pokemon ruby (Yes...Pokemon).
    This would be most helpfull, as the battery on my Cart has died, I do not have the tools nor the required batter(ies)y to replace the battery.
    That, and it would be frikin sweet to trade pokemon red/blue/silver pokemon with my gold cartridge.

So, anybody know if such a thing has been done/is possible to be done?

Thanks in advance!

That EZ IV price tag...It hurts more when you see shipping T_T

2. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
  3. MajinCry
    OP

Newcomer MajinCry Member

United Kingdom
    That's a very informative reply. I do oh so apreciate the time and effort you made into ensuring that you gave details as to why it is not possible, or ways that can be done to make such a thing possible.

/sarcasm

Fancy giving a more in-depth asnwer as to why "You can't" rather than just "uh nu cuz u cahnt"
    Would be quite helpful.

Do excuse my rather...abrupt post, but I find lazy people obnoxious. A better post would have been "No, not to my knowledge. I don't think anyone is working on it...But you never know." For example.

So, anyone else got any idea if this is possible at all?

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Except that's actually JUST as informative as "no". [​IMG]

But no, things like this are rarely worked on. In part the hardware's kinda' rare compared to the base system, and also in part because there's other ways to trade pokemon between digital and physical copies such as dumping and reloading save files in order to do an in-game trade with two instances of an emulator, which does not require special hardware like that, and so can be much more useful to other people (in addition to all the other benefits that dumping/loading saves can give).

tl;dr;: No.

5. MajinCry
    OP

Newcomer MajinCry Member

United Kingdom
    Well, that's a mighty fine reply [​IMG]

Shame 'bout that. Is there any chance I can dump and reload saves without having to shell out for any new hard ware? I presume that the answer is a nay, but...

If there is any software that may be able to do such a thing, though it's beyond me how, mind pointing me in the right direction? Thanks.

6. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    Possible? Maybe. Depends what wireless hardware you can get a hold of. If you had very significant technical knowledge, some luck, and the right hardware, you might be able to emulate a wireless adapter.

My source for this guess is WifiMe by the very talented Firefly. A smart individual could perhaps emulate a wireless adapter for FR/LG and the other wireless games. I don't know how you'd expect a wireless adapter to function with games that don't support it. Pokemon Gold runs in Game Boy Color mode on the GBA; it can't even see the wireless adapter.

7. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina