GBA VC console help

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by yoshimashi, Mar 21, 2016.

1. yoshimashi
    OP

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    N3DS sysnand 9.2 emunand 9.2 Cake cfw and Rxtools.

Is there any way I can install the GBA cia's and have them work without installing them on both sysnand and emunand? Everytime I run it on Rxtools I get a black screen. I think I should mention that I installed the cia's on Cake cfw and so when I run the cia's on Cake, i get the "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the operations manual for details."

I read that I can use HANS but when I clicked on HANS all i got is a blank black screen with two options: Press A to proceed or something like that.
    So what should I do? I don't want to mess with sysnand so is there any way I can play the GBA.cia's by only installing them on emunand?

2. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Quick answer: no. All GBA cias must be installed to both nands to to work in emunand. To run in sysnand, they only need to be installed in sysnand.
    Edit: installing GBA cias to sysnand has almost no chance of brick.

Last edited by Omegablu, Mar 21, 2016
  3. yoshimashi
    OP

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    I found some threads and reddits to follow except it's not working for me.
    I patched the abg_firm and tried booting into MiniPasta from HBL to install FBI and GBA cia's but everytime I click on Pasta from HBL it just shows a black screen. What should I do? I followed this site for everything. The only cfw I don't have is the Reinand. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/ What should I do?

Last edited by yoshimashi, Mar 21, 2016
  4. yoshimashi
    OP

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    I've also tried to launch into sysnand mode with RxTools but it goes into Emunand instead.

5. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Make sure you hold the appropriate button to stop menuhax.