Hardware GBA SPs, where to find 'em?

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you know where to import them from? Right now, importing from America seems good (poor dollar for them, strong for us= WIN). Cash Converters had SPs but they looked like they'd been run over.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
No, i haven't seen any at all for ages now, not even reguler sp's. I wished the newer ones were out when i got mine
mad.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sir-Fritz said:
What, i'm sure i've seen the "New Brighter Backlight" models at ebgames years ago.

i don't think so, they were only sold in america, they weren't even sold in the UK i had to import mine.

QUOTE(MahouMaster @ Jul 7 2008, 08:58 AM) Do you know where to import them from? Right now, importing from America seems good (poor dollar for them, strong for us= WIN). Cash Converters had SPs but they looked like they'd been run over.

i'm not sure of any places that would ship to australia, you might want to try playasia yesasia or games asia, they have a lot of import stuff.

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Play-Asia didn't have any in stock.
Anyway, success! I have snatched up a limited edition "tattoo" SP, 6 games (only 2 are good, the rest are gonna be sold), car and ac adaptors and cases. All for AU$90, plus AU$15 for express post and I'm all good. Yay!

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They WERE sold in the UK, the SP with brighter backlight. I remember GAME was selling it when DS just got out.

Cash Converters was what I was thinking!

Any luck with eBay lately?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
wilddenim said:
They WERE sold in the UK, the SP with brighter backlight. I remember GAME was selling it when DS just got out.

Cash Converters was what I was thinking!

Any luck with eBay lately?

complete BS, i think you are mixing the normal fronlit gba sp with the new backlit ones, 100% they WERE NOT sold in the UK i won't say it again.

nintendovan%20024.jpg

normal frontlit version on the left, new brighter screen on the right, the new brighter screens can be brought in graphite black, pearl pink, and metalic blue, you can also get a spongebob special edtion too, if u want more info about the backlit versions check wikipedia, and wilddenim, don't get the micro mixed up with these new backlit models as that is what most people do mix them up with.

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In response to your question, wilddenim, yes, I have succeded with eBay: I snatched up a limied edition tattoo/tribal SP, 7 games (only two are good, the other I'll sell for a profit), cases, car adaptor and ac adaptor. All for AU$90!

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It arrived today, and sadly, there seems to be dust caught behind the screen. You can see it whenever it's dark. Does anyone know how I'd get rid of this?

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the same here, too; AU$3 a minute! Though, there is a local number, too. But it's only on weekdays 9-5, and they have less than spectacular service. It's sad, the Australian Nintendo HQ is only about 10 minutes away, yet it's almost impossible to contact.

Google returned nothing of any aid (other than an ancient Nintendo US page telling me about the warranty: useless to me). Ick, I'll have to find someone if I need it opened up.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ouch!

I've changed my case on SP once, and it was very difficult, as I had no experience before this. New cases are not expensive. I got one (the pink in my picture I posted earlier) and it's only £4 including postage.

You can try changing the cases yourself at your risk. If you are going ahead with this, I recommend do a search first and collect videos, study it.

I got mine done in 45 minutes. The ribbon and screws got me. But got around to it.

It's really up to you or take it to the local game shop and ask about it. They might help.

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tomorrow I'll try the local number and pray that I get someone that knows what they're talking about (when I was trying to buy a Micro link cable, the "assistant" on the other end was telling me "the GBA cable will work with all models", despite me constantly telling them that the plug is obviously different). If that's no help, I'll call up my only local game shop that knows what they're talking about (sadly they seem to be the only place in the state that sells classic/vintage games; they still stock Atari stuff). If that's no help, I'll buy a replacement case from eBay (may as well, while I'm at it) and scour the 'net for an installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS2 for sale, but she had a sign on it...