Hardware GBA SP Sadly is still the Best Hand Held

ferret7463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, i have been doing a lot of waiting outside. I tried using my PSP, DS and 3DS. They are for all of their bells and whistles is useless for me to use. The main reason you can't see them!!!! The GBA thrives in the sun light, small form factor, and has a great battery life. Also for me being able to hold it in one hand and still being able to play RPGs, Tactics games, and yes even read a Ebook . It is kinda sad that game companies have forgot that when you are mobile chances are you are outside. Does anyone else have this problem?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's the best handheld because you can see it outside and hold it with one hand?

So.. I can see my DSL outside and hold it with one hand while still playing games, does that make it the best handheld?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Phat.

Plays all the games that the SP does, has a brighter screen, and it fits comfortably in your hands.

ferret7463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
It's the best handheld because you can see it outside and hold it with one hand?

So.. I can see my DSL outside and hold it with one hand while still playing games, does that make it the best handheld?
you must have very large hands , because when i tried it on a lite i could either reach the action buttons with my thumb on one hand or the D-pad on the other. Also if you are in the out side in the sun you will have to strain your eyes in order to see it and just becomes annoy. I have discovered if you increase the light it shows a little better , but that is at the cost of battery life.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ferret7463 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

you must have very large hands , because when i tried it on a lite i could either reach the action buttons with my thumb on one hand or the D-pad on the other. Also if you are in the out side in the sun you will have to strain your eyes in order to see it and just becomes annoy. I have discovered if you increase the light it shows a little better , but that is at the cost of battery life.

No I don't lol.

D

Deleted-236924

Yes, the backlight on most consoles makes it hard to see when outside.
It happens with anything that has a backlight.

Setting the backlight to 2 or 3 will be better.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
yeah the gba are the best handheld imho, but nothing can beat the gameboy micro, very small, great battery life, and most people thinks that is a cellphone XD

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a reason for the ability to adjust he brightness... if i was to plan on playing my handheld in sunny locations i would spring for a battery pack meant for that.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bitbyte said:
PSP by far has the best library of any portable system to date. All of PSX + at least 10 or so awesome PSP games = gaming goodness.
I agree. With CFW a psp will have full access to SNES, Genesis, NES, GBA, etc games. Incredible portable, imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: