Hacking Gba SP and M3 Lite

gatorade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would the M3 Lite fit perfectly in a Gba SP? I'm thinking of picking one up seeing as how they're going for really cheap on ebay.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Just go for a m3 non-lite.

It's cheaper and it will fit.

are you crazy? the non lite version has no gba support at all the lite version is the only one that has gba support, and the first poster didn't you do a search first? there are many topics concerning what flash cart to choose for your gba sp, use it, let me give you a head start, a G6 lite.

gatorade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't exactly do a search for gba sp m3 lite...unless you know another way cuz I get a error msg saying something along the lines of needing at least 4 letters or more

wepoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get yourself a M3 Lite.
Reasons for:
Cheaper than the older M3 flash cards
You get a case for the DS Lite incase you ever own one
You get a case for the GBA (Which means the DS-nonlite, GBA-SP, GBM etc.) This case is the same size as a GBA Cart.
Great support for GBA games
Uses Micro SD cards. So the card you buy for it will still be used by devices for a while to come. (the older CF carts would leave you with an outdated CF card)

There's more good reasons but that's enough. Buy the m3 Lite. Make sure the one you buy includes a GBA case or see if you can buy one from a shop (ie. bamboogaming.com)

Don't buy the "M3 Lite Professional". It's half the price but it will NOT play GBA games.

Hope that helps

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Get yourself a M3 Lite.
Reasons for:
Cheaper than the older M3 flash cards
You get a case for the DS Lite incase you ever own one
You get a case for the GBA (Which means the DS-nonlite, GBA-SP, GBM etc.) This case is the same size as a GBA Cart.
Great support for GBA games
Uses Micro SD cards. So the card you buy for it will still be used by devices for a while to come. (the older CF carts would leave you with an outdated CF card)

There's more good reasons but that's enough. Buy the m3 Lite. Make sure the one you buy includes a GBA case or see if you can buy one from a shop (ie. bamboogaming.com)

Don't buy the "M3 Lite Professional". It's half the price but it will NOT play GBA games.

Hope that helps

yep, what he said.

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
Don't get Lite version, it fits only in DS'lites (sized the same as the dummy plug for gba slot).
Get a M3 Perfect SD or MiniSD version. They are sized as the gba cart so they will fit perfectly (normal SD is 1,7 mm larger so it stick's a bit actually). Also note to remember that Perfec is not Professional, professional does not have 32 mb ram built in so it can't run gba games.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't get Lite version, it fits only in DS'lites (sized the same as the dummy plug for gba slot).
Get a M3 Perfect SD or MiniSD version. They are sized as the gba cart so they will fit perfectly (normal SD is 1,7 mm larger so it stick's a bit actually). Also note to remember that Perfec is not Professional, professional does not have 32 mb ram built in so it can't run gba games.
But the thing is, if you buy the Lite version, they'll throw in a GBA sized case to fit it in.

Aril

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just go for a m3 non-lite.

It's cheaper and it will fit.

are you crazy? the non lite version has no gba support at all the lite version is the only one that has gba support, and the first poster didn't you do a search first? there are many topics concerning what flash cart to choose for your gba sp, use it, let me give you a head start, a G6 lite.

Hum...

Current M3 Versions

M3 Perfect - CF
Uses CF Media; Plays NDS/GBA/Video/MP3

M3-Perfect - SDÂ
Uses SD Media; Plays NDS/GBA/Video/MP3

M3-Perfect - Mini-SDÂ
Uses Mini-SD Media; Plays NDS/GBA/Video/MP3
The overall size is a little smaller than the CF/SD version

M3-Perfect-LiteÂ
Uses Micro-SD Media; Plays NDS/GBA/Video/MP3
Made to fit flush in the DS Lite GBA cartridge slot (Slot 2)

M3-Pro-MiniÂ
Uses Mini-SD Media; Plays NDS/Video/MP3 (no GBA¹); cheaper than the 'perfect' version.

M3-Pro-SD Slim
Uses SD Media; Plays NDS/Video/MP3 (no GBA¹); cheaper than the 'perfect' version.

M3-Pro-LiteÂ
Uses Micro-SD Media; Plays NDS/Video/MP3 (no GBA¹); cheaper than the 'perfect' version.
Made to fit flush in the DS Lite GBA cartridge slot (Slot 2)

M3-DS-Simply
Uses Micro-SD Media; Plays NDS/Video/MP3 (no GBA)
Same size of a commercial DS game (Slot 1)

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_DS_Simply

All the perfect versions support GBA roms...
+ a lite version will not fit in the SP... So what now ?

Maybe He did some research but it doesn't seem like it's your case...

Anyway, I have to be agree with you for the g6 lite.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
m3 lite perfect generally comes with GBA size shell, so it's a good fit for GBA SP and if you ever upgrade to a DS, you can just swap shells and move it to that

so basically, it's future proof

I'm glad I got one for my DS, cause it's actually extended the life of my old GBA SP which I was going to sell, but now I've got something else to goof around with again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither