GBA Link question

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by cheeseandcereal, Feb 11, 2013.

Feb 11, 2013

GBA Link question by cheeseandcereal at 12:50 AM (410 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. cheeseandcereal
    OP

Newcomer cheeseandcereal Member

United States
    So I have a supercard DSOne running EOS (yeah that old thing) and I was playing megaman battle network 5 double team DS. I remembered that with the normal game, if you put in a megaman battle network 5 gba game into the bottom slot and boot up double team ds, you can get bonuses in the DS game from your gba game. So I was wondering if with running the DS rom on the supercard, can I put my legit copy of Megaman battle network 5 team protoman (for the gba) in my slot 2 and have the DS game realize this? And if not is there some sort of patch like there is for the pal park?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    By and large unless you are using the GBA link options of the cart itself (which may override something and cause issues there) GBA link works fine from DS flash cart to real game. The other problem that might come is using say a Japanese ROM with a N.A. release of a game but my advice there is try it anyway and back up saves if you can.

The only reason for things like Pal park was because all GBA cards (give or take some even more troublesome stuff in the supercard GBA slot offerings) use SRAM for saves which has its own access methods compared to GBA carts proper which can have one of three broad methods (Flash, SRAM and EEPROM) and a few variations on the theme after that.

3. RodrigoDavy

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    I don't know about that, but using the game WarioWare Touched in a R4i Gold in slot-1 and a legit copy of WarioWare Twisted! in slot-2 sucesfully unlocked and saved content to the slot-1 card

4. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    There's no reason for a NDS game in your Slot-1 Flashcart to not be able to recognize a retail cartridge in Slot-2 (Except if they're not compatible, of course.)