Bergunzo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Using bliss firmware on acekard 2 , can I start gba roms from the menu directly? and without any patching?

P.S. I can apply bliss firmware copying the akmenu4.nds file in the root and __ak2 folder in root?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but you have to have a slot 2 GBA expansion cart that it supports (EZFlash 3-in-1 or eWin 2-in-1 for example).

-Bri

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought you couldn't play GBA games with only the Slot-1 card? So to confirm (because I'm kinda confused), can you play GBA games with only the Slot-1 card (AK2) with any firmware (like Bliss) ?

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, you can't. You need slot 2 device. If your flashcart is supported, you can load GBA games via Slot 2 device using your slot 1 flashcart.

Bergunzo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I forgot to say that: I have a EZ 3-in-1.

Another thing; I can use it like an original ram expansion for the ds browser? or I have to patch in some way the Ds Browser Rom ??

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Bergunzo said:
I forgot to say that: I have a EZ 3-in-1.

Another thing; I can use it like an original ram expansion for the ds browser? or I have to patch in some way the Ds Browser Rom ??
You'll need to apply a patch to the opera browser, I'm sure if it's in the download center or where you can find it.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh. If the DS was powerful enough to play N64 roms smoothly, I was gonna play Super Mario Bros. but since it's not, oh well.

Bergunzo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I read somewhere that gba roms up to 32mbit cannot be started. Is that true? And for saving properly, do i have to patch them with Ez4 Client or It does everything automatically?? Thanks!

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have AKAIO it will auto-patch for GBA roms (and rumble)

If you have the official loader I believe you will need a patch.

There are two ways of loading them, there is SRAM, which is quick, but temporary, and NOR which takes a minute to load, but from then on acts like a genuine GBA cart (saves are stored on the cart and works with GBA-DS linkage AFAIK).

Bergunzo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Joey90 said:
If you have AKAIO it will auto-patch for GBA roms (and rumble)

If you have the official loader I believe you will need a patch.

There are two ways of loading them, there is SRAM, which is quick, but temporary, and NOR which takes a minute to load, but from then on acts like a genuine GBA cart (saves are stored on the cart and works with GBA-DS linkage AFAIK).

Thanks for the complete answer. Just a thing; does bliss firmware do the same thing? (of the GBA autopatch)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CN7KP713/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=23d6e13e...