GBA games and such.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by yonilx, Dec 9, 2011.

Dec 9, 2011

GBA games and such. by yonilx at 9:04 PM (810 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. yonilx
    OP

Newcomer yonilx Member

United States
    if i dont have the ambassador program 3ds, how can i download free gba and such games?
    flashcart is optional, i didnt buy one yet (open for suggstions).

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the internet.
    First you need a 3DS compatible flashcart that also supports GBA ROMs as well. This basically limits you to the pricey but feature rich DSTwo card.
    After that, you are on your own to find ROMs to play. As per stated in the rules (which im guessing you did not read), we do not host, nor link to sites that do host ROMs or warez of any type.

1 person likes this.
  3. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    If you don't have a 3ds that is eligible for the ambassador program, you can't download the gba games for free. Meaning, there's no legal way to 'download' gba games and play on your 3ds (the only legal way to do so, would be to buy the games and dump them yourself). Since you're talking about the 3ds here, I'm assuming you want to play gba games on a 3ds.

There certainly are slot-2 flashcarts (i.e. EZ-Flash IV), but the 3ds doesn't have a slot 2; the only way is to emulate them is to use a slot-1 flashcart that supports the 3ds, and has on-board cpu that allows gba emulation. Your best investment would probably be on a SuperCard DSTwo. It supports the latest 3ds firmware and can emulate gba without the need of expansion packs. It's a little pricy, though.

tl;dr get a SuperCard DSTwo

4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    [​IMG]

Stole this from the Wiki for you.

s4mid4re: thanks for clearing some of that up for me. Also i like your Tl;dr version, nice touch lol

5. ferret7463

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I own a DS2 and i'd like to point some things about the GBA emulation before you take the plunge....
    - Some games do have a "Lag" and some glitches in the grafics .
    - The DS2 also will run your 3DS battery down quicker. ( I get about 4 to 5 hrs per charge )
    - The buttons for game play can not be changed to where Y=B and B=A. ( This to me, makes it awkward to play action Games)
    - Another option if all you want to play is GBA roms, then the PSP runs them a whole lot better with CFW.

This is just my opinion on the subject.