Hacking GBA game problem?

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i just got my LE SCDS2 today and i set it up (EOS 1.08) and tried to play MMBN6 gregar (lightforce dump) now i can play it fine but the ingame save option can be picky when it works (i have just been using RTS) by picky i mean if i save 10 times 1 out of the 10 will work but it seems to be random to which one works

,i tried this with NDSGBA 1.21 with the latest game_config.txt and with 1.30 (it runs smoother with 1.30) i also got a strange error on 1.21 when i tried to save via the ingame option after a certain point (if you know MMBN6 after you get the student ID from Mr. mach) it would say save failed,but upon me restrating and doing it again i don't get this error (but still the selective save error)

i was maybe gonna try falzar version to see if it also had this (ill have to later on because i don't have the time nor the USB card reader with me)

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clonesniper666 said:
Did you save the game using the normal game save option and then turn off the ds?

yup thats how i noticed it wasn't saving every time :/ (lost some good chips to)

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I could tell tell the GBA emulator will not save properly if you do that. To solve the problem all you need to do is open the menu and choose exit for the game to save properly and then if you want you can re-enter the GBA menu from the main DSTwo menu to confirm that it did save.

I was in the same boat I lost a lot of progress on Mother 3 when I found out.

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clonesniper666 said:
From what I could tell tell the GBA emulator will not save properly if you do that. To solve the problem all you need to do is open the menu and choose exit for the game to save properly and then if you want you can re-enter the GBA menu from the main DSTwo menu to confirm that it did save.

hopefully its changed so it keeps the save regardless in the future as if i did MMBN3 and it didn't save that would be so hell

atleast now i know make sure i keep a RTS of my place incase it doesn't keep it

another question do you know how i would make a .cht file? (the one for MMBN6 from cheats.gbatemp is isn't in English)

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember off hand but I can give you an example of one I made.
---Example---
PAR_v3 (M)
e3867a25 806c0ddb
ae6b830a a8006ef1

PAR_v3 Infinite Health
c746328a 2787b50a

PAR_v3 Infinite Missiles
a6f25692 a02899d7

PAR_v3 Infinite P Bombs
75e86f4b 8a26f96a

This was a cheat file I made for Metroid Fusion when I used the gba emulator for psp, I used an action replay code so it was PAR_v3. I think there was a guide on gbatemp for making codes but i could not find it.

Kit_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clonesniper666 said:

Exact same thing happened to me. Same game too. Haven't been able to make myself play it again to regain all my progress.

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clonesniper666 said:
I can't remember off hand but I can give you an example of one I made.
---Example---
PAR_v3 (M)
e3867a25 806c0ddb
ae6b830a a8006ef1

PAR_v3 Infinite Health
c746328a 2787b50a

PAR_v3 Infinite Missiles
a6f25692 a02899d7

PAR_v3 Infinite P Bombs
75e86f4b 8a26f96a

This was a cheat file I made for Metroid Fusion when I used the gba emulator for psp, I used an action replay code so it was PAR_v3. I think there was a guide on gbatemp for making codes but i could not find it.

actually i just need to know how i can make the .cht file because i know were to get the codes i need
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill