GBA Explorer 2 in 1 help

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by plasmastar, Oct 15, 2008.

Oct 15, 2008

GBA Explorer 2 in 1 help by plasmastar at 4:39 AM (6,169 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. plasmastar
    OP

Newcomer plasmastar Newbie

Puerto Rico
    I have a DSTT with 1.15 firmware. Today, I received the 2 in 1 explorer, so that I could play GBA games on my DS. I downloaded the GBA Loader (1.6) and I put two games. First, it takes me a long time to get it to work, because it freezes in the loading, so I have to turn off and on until it loads. Then, I could play one game (Fire Emblem) twice, but I turned it off. When I went to try again, it just stayed on the "GAME BOY" screen. I tried using another game (LoZ: Minish Cap) and it does the same thing. Does anyone know a fix to this, or maybe someone can point me to a guide?

Edit: I probably should mention that my DS ROMS work perfectly.

2. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Can you please correct your post? It currently makes hardly any sense. What is this... "2 in 1 explorer"?

3. plasmastar
    OP

Puerto Rico
    I'm sorry for the mistake. I'm talking about the GBA & Explorer 2 in 1 for NDS Lite.

http://www.buyr4ds.co.uk/how_to_use_dstt

If you go to the link I posted above, click on point #6 or 7, and that is what I am talking about.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Your post made sense. First of all, use the latest version of GBA ExpLoader instead of GBA Loader: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2482

But it sounds as though your 2-in-1 might not be making proper contact.

-Bri

5. plasmastar
    OP

Puerto Rico
    Thanks for the advice on the GBA ExpLoader, it helped the problem of when it freezes while loading. But about the card not making contact, is there any way this can be fixed? Because it was working fine the first two times I used it, but then it just didn't want to work. Now that I have the GBA ExpLoader, it still isn't, it just stays on the "GAME BOY" screen.

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I don't know for certain that it's not making proper contact, and the only way I can think of to tell for sure would be to return it for another one and see if it works better. I have one, and it seems to work just fine with most games.

-Bri