Hardware GBA Exploader

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently bought an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 which I use on my Supercard DS One (on YS Menu), using GBA Exploader. I've tried various roms, including Pokemon FireRed, a couple of Naruto games, a NHL game, and others. However, my problem is with the 32mb games, such as Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Duel Academy. I copy one of the games to NOR memory, and the loading bar reaches 100%. However, when I go to the main DS screen (the screen with Pictochat, the option to boot a DS game, etc) there is no GBA game shown. There should be a GBA option available there, but there isn't.

I've tried copying smaller games, such as Pokemon FireRed and Pokemon Emerald, and they seem to work in NOR memory perfectly fine. However, whenever I try to copy a 32mb game, it either doesn't copy, or the DS system doesn't recognise a game is in the slot-2, even though the progress bar reaches 100%. I've also tried copying one of the games using GBAldr, but I get the same problem.

So does anyone have a solution?

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
If you can't tell me the version of the 3in1 you got and the version of the exploader your not gonna get an answer that might fix your issue.

Oh, I was supposed to say it in my original post.. must have forgotten about it.. The 3-in-1+ is the one I have, and I'm using GBA Exploader 0.58b. And yeah, I have seen the post that's linked in your sig before, but I couldn't find a solution to my problem there. Although it's quite likely that I missed something.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is either the reset bug, which you can't do anything about. Or you have a slightly oversized rom wich probably just needs trimming.

You can try the NOR eraser here to start over.

If nothing still works still, you probably have a dirty rom. If you don't believe you got a dirty rom issue, you can get the older 3in1 from RHS here which fully worked well with the supercard.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
dirty roms are patched/altered in a manner that interfere with flash cart hardware. Understanding of how GBA hardware requires more knowledge than it does with DS hardware and games with the DS autopatching, where as GBA has no autopatching of anykind.

I started with rom issue and ended if you didn't bother, a hardware issue with the 3in1 itself. In which case a hardware remedy would be a replacement.

Last case situation for DJ Hobo would be to get the previous version of the 3in1 from RHS which has no major issues and would run all said games.

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, before starting this thread, I had already considered that maybe the ROMs were the problem (as I got them from the same source) so I decided to get Kingdom Hearts from a different source. However, it still didn't work. I noticed your message about maybe having an over-sized rom, so I trimmed it using GBATA, but it still won't work. I also tried using NDStation, but I couldn't get it to work (must've been doing something wrong). So I'm completely out of ideas.

Purdie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I skimmed a bit so excuse me if this is out of place, but you're using Exploader and as far as I can tell you haven't tried this.

Have you tried switching to NOR mode and loading the game using X? It runs more smoothly than when it is loaded via the main menu anyway (My case is with Mother 3, a 32MB file)

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Purdie said:
I skimmed a bit so excuse me if this is out of place, but you're using Exploader and as far as I can tell you haven't tried this.

Have you tried switching to NOR mode and loading the game using X? It runs more smoothly than when it is loaded via the main menu anyway (My case is with Mother 3, a 32MB file)
Yes, I've tried that. No luck. However, interestingly enough, a couple of 32mb games that I've ripped from original GBA cartridges have worked. So I dunno what to think.

mikewilkinson

Trophies
XP
Country
GBA is a backup and restore tool for Internet Explorer. It allows you to save your current configuration of Internet Explorer including favorites, history, proxy settings, fonts, dialup accounts, autocomplete passwords.

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the gameboy advance;(gba) section. If you don't have something to add to the gameboy advance discussion You shouldn't make a post in this section. You can give out information that isn't gameboy advance related in other sections of the gbatemp forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.