Hacking GBA Expansion?

deciiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the gba expansion slot-2 device works with cyclo DS as some already stated.
it is not recognised by the built in beta gba support of the cycloDS card, but with gbaexploader you can load gba games from the cyclo card onto the gba expansion and play them.

it also works as a RAM expansion for (patched) opera browser, dslinux, neoDS and other software that uses it. but ONLY if
you do the following (cumbersome) stuff:
1. you start gbaexploader -
2. do a soft reset back to cyclo menu -
3. start gbaexploader AGAIN! -
4. do ANOTHER soft reset - and THEN
5. start something that uses a RAM expansion...

i figured out that "trick" while trying to get dslinux to work after i switched from the R4 (which does not need the above steps) to the cycloDS and was frustrated that my gba expansion didnt worked like it supposed to do. no idea why it works after 2 gbaexploader loads. it DOES NOT work after one load... but well.. at least it works somehow
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
prestonwatters said:
Can you use slot-2 GBA flash cards, shown from www.gameboy-advance.net as a GBA expansion for NDS-GBA linkage?
From what I remember, no.

Those GBA flash cards all use a different save format than a retail Pokemon Emerald cartridge, so the DS will not detect the game. A patch won't work either.

If you have a CycloDS and EZ-Flash 3in1 or M3 Lite and M3 Real, you can transfer the Pokemon (patching may be required). For any other combinations, I have no clue.

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
I'm trying to use ExpLoader 0.57 to play the translated Mother 3 on my M3 Real. It starts up and on the top screen says "[/] 1 game" and nothing else. On the bottom screen it lists four different commands associated with the face buttons. None of them appear to do anything.

I can play this Mother 3 ROM on Visual Boy Advance and I can start it using the M3 Real GBA launcher but it crashes when trying to load a game or try to save after starting a new game.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teclo said:
I'm trying to use ExpLoader 0.57 to play the translated Mother 3 on my M3 Real. It starts up and on the top screen says "[/] 1 game" and nothing else. On the bottom screen it lists four different commands associated with the face buttons. None of them appear to do anything.

I can play this Mother 3 ROM on Visual Boy Advance and I can start it using the M3 Real GBA launcher but it crashes when trying to load a game or try to save after starting a new game.

Use GBATA to SRAM patch the ROM, then it'll load and save Mother 3 properly. That's the exact fix that worked for me.

If you can't be bothered to do that, in GBA ExpLoader, you have to select the Mother 3 ROM file and then just hit A to load, although you may need to edit (and place in the root directory) the GBA_ExpLoader.ini file to indicate where you keep your GBA saves (probably in the GBA directory), which would then defeat most of the point of not SRAM patching your rom in the first place, now wouldn't it?
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1