Hacking GBA Expansion Pack

Patryc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to play gameboy games with a GBA Expansion Pack or is only by emulation only?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^ Which means emulation only.

Wouldn't you think that Nintendo would be able to shrink the size of the hardware and fit it into the DS Lite? It was small enough at only DS so adding the support would have made it great.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Densetsu3000 said:
If they can stick a camera in the DS (or was it 2 cameras?) and still make it thinner, I think they certainly could have packed in the hardware to run GB/GBC games natively. It would've been a great idea.
Offtopic, but anyway: it is 2 cameras, and including GBC hardware is not interesting to most people and they can emulate GBC-games as well. Sure, compatibility wouldn't be perfect, but there's no Slot-2 anyway so they can choose what games to distribute.

By the way, if you own an M3 Real you can launch GB- and GBC-roms directly from the menu and it will run them using Goomba on the GBA Expansion Pack. They'll probably run better then in Lameboy too.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
By the way, if you own an M3 Real you can launch GB- and GBC-roms directly from the menu and it will run them using Goomba on the GBA Expansion Pack. They'll probably run better then in Lameboy too.
Oh wow, I didn't know that. Cool! Lately I've had a craving for nostalgia and have been playing Dragon Warrior I & II on GBC (using Lameboy). I'll try Goomba then. Does it have RTS? When I give Strength Seeds and other items to my character that increase his HP, MP and stats permanently, the amount by which it increases is random (between 1-5 points). On Lameboy I can just keep reloading until I get a 5
tongue.gif

Thanks for the tip!

Patryc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Gameboy/GBC ROMs don't require a Slot-2 GBA expansion pack. All you need is Lameboy on your flashcart. GB/GBC emulation runs completely from Slot-1.

I wasn't asking if Roms require a Slot-2 Expansion Pack, I have one. I was just curious if it was to run gameboy games from it without emulation. But anyway I guess it doesn't so I am using Lameboy as you suggested. Thanks for you help.

Patryc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Maikel Steneker said:
Oh wow, I didn't know that. Cool! Lately I've had a craving for nostalgia and have been playing Dragon Warrior I & II on GBC (using Lameboy). I'll try Goomba then. Does it have RTS? When I give Strength Seeds and other items to my character that increase his HP, MP and stats permanently, the amount by which it increases is random (between 1-5 points). On Lameboy I can just keep reloading until I get a 5
tongue.gif

Thanks for the tip!

I also tried Goomba but you first have to convert them to gba files or is it possible to do it without conversion? Oops sorry double post

Patryc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
i believe the built-in m3real goomba does the conversion for you.

Built-in m3real goomba?
Sorry I don't understand what you mean. There is no built in Goomba in M3Real, or am I missing something?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not sure if it's specifically goomba since i never got it to work(don't have m3 gba expansion)
but if you run a gb/gbc game through the gba screen in the touchpod menu it boots them through a similar emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.