Hacking GBA expansion pack on DSTWO

Villermen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got my DSTWO several days ago, and I tried out the new gba emulator plugin.
The first thing I noticed is that the game doesnt seem as responsive as it did when I used my GBA expansion pack with an m3 real card (sakura).

Now is my question; is there a way to run gba files without emulating them (using the gba expansion pack) in SCDSTWO?
If not, is there some setting that I can change that causes this slower reactions?

Gr.Villermen

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep: here

It's SLOT-2 GBA

Edit: actually, I'm not sure if the M3 expansion pack will work, but it's worth a try

You can also raise the CPU frequency in the GBA emulator's settings, it makes games run smoother at the cost of draining more battery

Also, turn the frame skip to 0, and keep it on automatic

Villermen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SLOT2_GBA is meant to boot a real game or flash card.
The expansion pack I use is for the slot1 card to load it into the slot2 ram.
So if I start SLOT2_GBA, nothing happens.

Thanks for your help though.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the m3 team made rudolph remove support for the m3 expansion packs. i don't know if he ever added it back in. you can probably find an old version of gba exploader that supports it but it won't have the latest bug fixes or gba save patches.

the scds2 only supports the 3in1 from what i remember. although to be honest i don't have an m3 expansion or the ewin expansion to test with when i wrote the review.

-another world

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I recall, M3 support was only ever removed for Slot-1, but I usually use my 3in1 with all non-M3 cards, and I am not sure that I even have the latest version.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Unless GBA Exploader supports M3 GBA, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't, you are left with no choice but to use M3 DS.
My M3 Perfect SD has always worked in Exploader, not sure what you're talking about (in fact, I was just using it to play Metroid Fusion yesterday). At the very least it definitely works on whatever the last version was. Actually, on my DSTwo I have it set as a plug-in, so it's nice and easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: