Hacking GBA expansion pack compatible with Phat?

nitro2k01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a GBA expansion pack fr my M3Real, which only fits in DSLite. But, if I were to recase into an old GBA cart, would it still not work, for other reasons?

nitro2k01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've recased it now, and it seems to be compatible, but there's another problem. (See the new thread that I'm writing right now)

kooliokool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im thinking about buying the m3 real but i also dont have a DSlite can you help by writing instructions on how to re-case the expansion pack.

daps83777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've recased it now, and it seems to be compatible, but there's another problem. (See the new thread that I'm writing right now)

what did you use to recase it? i have seen an older M3 gba case for one of the older M3's that only originally came in a lite casing, is that what you used? the main issue i have seen with these projects is the screw placement.

nitro2k01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what did you use to recase it? i have seen an older M3 gba case for one of the older M3's that only originally came in a lite casing, is that what you used? the main issue i have seen with these projects is the screw placement.
Correct, I had to drill a hole in the right place on the back of the case so I could attach the screw. But in the end had to make the hole a bit bigger and glue the screw into place to get a flat surface so the screw wouldn't stop me from inserting the cart. I also gently removed the piece of the front side of the lite case, where the screw went in, and put on the other side of the screw, on top of the PCB, just to keep things more stable.
but overall, I think this is an unstable mod, at least the way I did it. Two reasons for this:
1) The Lite cartridge PCB is using a double sided PCB, and the original case was carefully designed in such a way that the plastic on the back plat was a it thinner to leave place for these chips. Which means this is some tight-ass business. I believe that outfit could in the end damage any part of the PCB from the tension, or in the long run displace the cartridge pins in the slot 2 connector.
2) The other thing is that because of this thightness, it's highly possible that the screw will loosen after being re-inserted X amount of times. While this is ny no means irreversible damage, it might be annoying if I'm on a trip or something and don't have a screwdriver+glue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hi +1