GBA Cheats Problem in Sakura 1.34

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by DaRealChrono, Feb 26, 2009.

Feb 26, 2009
  1. DaRealChrono
    OP

Newcomer DaRealChrono Advanced Member

United States
    Yeah, so like I said I'm running Sakrua 1.34, with the GBA Expansion Pack and for some reason I can't load any cheat files for any games it seems. Every time I set my cheat files Sakura tells me that there is a language error, and I know for a FACT that I'm using the cheat files associated with the backup. (I.E. 1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) with the cheat files of 1986 - Pokemon Emerald (UE).cht). Also I'm using the M3 Real, just in case you need to know.

I have cheat files from cheats.gbatemp.net/gba

Can somebody help me?

Also, I would have searched, but searching for language error just brings up of ton of Sakura translation topics, lol.

2. DaRealChrono
    OP

United States
    Can anybody help me out here?

3. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Watch from 0:50 to 2:10 and follow along with your DS.

If it doesn't work, then it's probably because of the ROM. Pokemon Emerald is known for white screens and corrupt saves.

In fact, I'd recommend not investing any of your time in Emerald because it will eventually corrupt your save, even if you manage to get past the white screens. It has something to with the in-game clock. There's no fix for it.

Sapphire and Ruby do have a clock fix. You just need to patch them with GBATA.

4. DaRealChrono
    OP

United States
    Ah that sucks. Thanks for the heads up though. I didn't ever start on Emerald, so you probably just saved me a ton of frustration.

However it seems to be that way for every Pokemon game I've tried (Leaf Green, Fire Red, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald) and the cheat files still get the same language error. Pokemon is really the only game I need to cheat for since you can't get the Nintendo event tickets and such without cheating, so I guess if it don't work it don't work. [​IMG]

Also, I haven't found anything on whether Leaf Green and Fire Red has any problems...I've searched to no avail...is there any problems with those two games that need to be fixed?

5. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    I don't recall ever seeing any threads about Leaf Green or Fire Red, and a quick search turned up nothing that would be relevant to your question. I've seen numerous topics about Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald. I've never played Leaf Green or Fire red though, so I can't give you a definite answer to that.

6. DaRealChrono
    OP

United States
    Ok, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks for all your help man.