GBA as PC controller?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Shawn ShyGuy, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Shawn ShyGuy
    OP

Shawn ShyGuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    Hopefully I'm asking in the right place about this.
    I have a setup that sound like it could theoretically work, but I haven't seen anything online about it. I have one of those GBA-to-GC link cables (the one for the Tingle Tuner, among other things) and a Gamecube-to-USB adapter (this one, specifically. I also have access to the official gamecube Sm4sh adapter)
    Now, what I'm wondering is, if I can use this a PC controller? From what I can tell, the way it's intended to work is that the GameCube sends it a small ROM of some sort, and then it can use that rom to take inputs and send it back to the GameCube. So is it possible to send a rom to the GBA through a link cable on PC? and then have said rom send the inputs from the GBA back to the PC, and then let you use your GBA as a PC controller?

TL;DR, can I use my GBA as a PC controller through a GBA-to-GC and then GC-to-PC adapter?

2. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia

I would assume yes but the issue would be finding the part needed in addition to how the drivers work

EDIT: Also worth a read https://gbatemp.net/threads/flash2advance-ula-gp.394437/