Homebrew GB/GBC Emulation on DS

Seastars

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello All,

I want to be able play GB/GBC games on my DS. I have an M3 Real with the GBA pack. So i shoud i be using Lameboy in slot 1 or will running goomba work from the GBA expansion pack? Will either give me RTS?

Thanks In Advance
Gaspar

pubjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
pubjoe said:
I've used Lameboy, but I can't get saves to work on the game I tried (Zelda DX).
You pressed X after saving in-game (A+B+Start+Select I believe for Link's Awakening), right?
I can't remember actually. I'll try it again.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually when I first got my DS(November) I found both lameboy 0.9 and an unofficial Goomba build that supported DLDI and ran from slot-1 carts.

I've forgotten where I stumbled across Goomba, but it worked pretty well also, although IIRC when playing gb games it insisted on doing the pseudo color palette like a real gbc would do with a gb game.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're probably thinking of DSBoy, the one updated by the French guy. The only version of Goomba Color that runs on slot-1 devices came out 1-2 days ago, and I don't know if Dwedit was even seriously working on Goomba Color DS before early January or late December.

Automatically applying the pseudo-palette to a GB game is not possible, so DSBoy relied on a database of user-defined colors. The reason behind this is because the colorization info for every GB game is actually stored directly on the GBC BIOS, and nobody has ever been able to dump the GBC BIOS. You can use Super Gameboy palettes which are easy to replicate, and you can support user-defined palettes, but you can't emulate the coloring behavior without specifically working with every game you wish to support.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just about 99.999% positive that it was an unofficial Goomba build, as I distinctly recall the name.

Anyways there is apparently a partial official DLDI Goomba build now as well, well sort of. It's not very useful ATM, though IMO.

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone have the version of Goomba that runs from Slot1? Can you share it?
tongue.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in the User-Submitted News forum, and also available at the PocketHeaven boards. It does not have DLDI support whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad