Hacking Gateway vs. CFW?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
My favorite is when people post something along the lines of the following:

1) So, I just jailbreaked my 3DS by playing Gateway's NDS game!!! Can some1 post a link to Pokemon XY/ORAS and LoZ plz???

2) I have installed Ninjhax, but none of the roms I downloaded appear in the list. What is wrong???

3) Y R their no cheats for Monster Hunter and Mario Kart!!!?!???!!

4) When will we be able to play Gamecube/Wii/PSP/PS2/XBOX????
i will be attacked for this, but i love how much people try grasping at staws with the cfw, thinking there is some secret fix that nobody noticed.....like when someone says MT classic mode works and there is a frenzy of "WOT SO I CAN RUN 9.X EMUNAND WITH ALL THE ROMS AS CIA"....like nobody would of thought to mention if that was possible, or the "you are fanboy and jelous because cfw is happening"......meanwhile nobody gives a crap really.

Reactions: Joe88 and Vappy

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
premium stuff always get top priority and then free stuff? deal with it
Pretty much. None of us have a crystal ball to look in to in order to see whether or not CFW will eventually have all the capabilities of flash carts. I think it's highly likely, but it might well be toward the end of the 3DS' life cycle. From my perspective, if you have $120+ to buy a 3DS console, then you probably have $50-$70 to spend on a flash cart. I mean, that's the price of just two new 3DS games, and you get every game you want to play instead.

Reactions: ewin00

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Pretty much. None of us have a crystal ball to look in to in order to see whether or not CFW will eventually have all the capabilities of flash carts. I think it's highly likely, but it might well be toward the end of the 3DS' life cycle. From my perspective, if you have $120+ to buy a 3DS console, then you probably have $50-$70 to spend on a flash cart. I mean, that's the price of just two new 3DS games, and you get every game you want to play instead.
true, i honestly dont see why some people act like the card is ott priced, its pretty reasonable considering the level of support they give, i have seen people with the cfw saying they will buy smash bros and pokemon to play in mt mode as they cant play them with cfw........im sorry but they will be spending more on 2 games that it would cost to just buy the card and have done with instead of all the SD and launcher switching to get pretty all that and more......idk it just confuses me :wacko:

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats actually a thing? lol.. guess i should count myself lucky then :lol:

Yes and no. "general bugginess" is pretty vague. All the bugs I've encountered are extremely specific. "random crashes" again, is not really a thing. I found that 'random' crashes occur when the SD card has problems being read. The same 'crash' would happen in emunand or even sysnand eShop games. It's just with CFW/emunand, it's the actual NAND that can't be read, resulting in a crash, rather than the game quitting out. "some games not working" is not entirely true. Pretty much any game using 6.X saving won't work. Anything 4.5 and under works fine. Other region games work but don't show up unless marked region free. Games above 4.5 are hit/miss depending on how they were converted.

Finally, the "real" problem: taking several attempts before it'll boot. That's the only real problem I ever run into on CFW. The DS profile exploit runs fine, it just looks like the actual booting of the CFW takes a couple times, for whatever reason. It's easily the most annoying part, and even worse when you have an SD that will randomly "crash". Last night I spent a good 10-20 minutes simply restarting my 3DS over and over trying to get into a game to be able to play.

IIRC, don't you have the 9.2 CFW? If so, does it do the same thing? Or does it load up 100% of the time? I'm just curious. Seems like a general bug that isn't/won't/wasn't fixed due to it being leaked (early?).

Either way, the CFW doesn't really have that many problems, provided you understand what it is and what it does.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hehe.. well i sense that a better cfw will be released soon anyways.. call it a hunch
yeah probably....its always a matter of time with anything, i have no doubts that at some point a fully functional cfw will be released.....but right now people have what they have, which is a leaked cfw, or gateway....no right or wrong choice, it all depends on the user and what they need from it, if any cfw ever was made it would be awesome if it was actually made by the person releasing it rather than just hacked up code from others.....only way the scene would progress from gateway is if they didnt rely on their code :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, made a new one