Hacking Gateway v2.0B2 Now Available

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
my system never shows GW3D before my fw version.
When i enter nds profile while pressing L, then select boot in GW mode it also won't show GW3D BUT still plays backups fine :s .
I'm using 4.2.0-9E

Or should GW only shows up after formatting the emunand?

Could anyone help me?

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my system never shows GW3D before my fw version.
When i enter nds profile while pressing L, then select boot in GW mode it also won't show GW3D BUT still plays backups fine :s .
I'm using 4.2.0-9E

Or should GW only shows up after formatting the emunand?

Could anyone help me?
GW3D only shows up in the system settings in gateway mode after you used the format function in the gateway gui mode, by holding L when going in to the Nintendo profile.

Just don't forget to make backups.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Attention: EmuNAND and SysNAND environments are different. You will lose your save progress if you start playing in one environment and launch your game in the other one later. The game will reset your save file and you will have to start a new game. This also apply to all games bundled with System update 6.0.0+

is this fixed with the beta2? if not has gateway commented if they're fixing the issue or not?

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice guide i followed:

Here's for people who don't like reading manuals in the folder.
I will assume you have updated the SD card and the Blue Card with the new 2.0b and that you have inserted both of them in.
For safety reasons, please clear all internet settings on your 3DS, and to disengage Gateway mode first.
Charge the DS to a good 3 bars or keep it plugged in.
It is also advised to have nothing on the SD card but the Launcher.dat, so back up all the stuff on it to your computer before you do anything.
Make sure you have at least 2 gigabytes free on the SD to avoid problems.

The current firmware is 2.0b2

1. Run the blue card's Gateway Installer. Follow the instructions given on the screen.

2.Go to System Settings, then Profile, and you will see the DS Profile button.

3. HOLD THE L BUTTON as you click the button and DO NOT LET GO OF L until the Gateway GUI shows up COMPLETELY.

4. If executed successfully, you have entered the new GUI onboard. To the right you will find a Backup SYSTEM NAND selection.

5. Execute the selection and follow the directions laid out. Upon pressing the button, it should enter a Reading State. Wait a few minutes until it says it's done. Press the button to continue.

(Optional) It is advised to copy the NAND.BIN in the SD card to your computer so you have an emergency copy of your 4.X.X system.
To safely exit the Gateway GUI, launch Gateway mode after backing up the NAND and power off. Plug the SD into the computer and copy the file.
Reinsert back the SD card and relaunch Gateway GUI.

6. It should complete and return you to the Gateway Menu. Go to Format EMUNAND on the right and execute it. Follow the directions laid out.

7. Upon Pressing Start, the 3DS should begin formatting. Wait 5-10 minutes for the 3DS to format the card. When it is done, press the button to continue.

8. You will return to the Gateway menu. You may now launch Boot Gateway Mode.

9. The 3DS will restart into Gateway mode. Go to System Settings. If all has gone according to plan, you will notice that it will say GW3D 4.X.X-XX. You have successfully engaged Emunand. If not, redo the steps.

10. You may now reinstall the settings for your Wifi.

11. VERIFY (EVERY TIME YOU UPDATE YOUR NAND) THAT YOU SEE "GW3D" BEFORE YOUR VERSION. Go to the last page of Other Settings and begin System Update.

12. Once you have completed the update, the system will now restart.

13. Go to System Settings and make sure you have not screwed up and see that your version is still your old 4.X.X.

14. Go to your Profile button and HOLD L as you click. Do not let go until GW has finished loading.

15. Launch Gateway Mode. (If it freezes, just reset the DS and repeat the steps to enter the GW GUI again)

16. If you have not screwed up like an idiot, you have successfully noticed that the version is now GW3D 7.X.X whatevers.

17. By entering System Settings under Emunand, you MUST RERUN Gateway through the profile button, or you will REVERT BACK TO 4.X.X upon exiting. To re-enter Gateway mode, exit and rerun System Settings and execute Gateway Mode.

18. Power off your 3DS, and reload the files that were backed up onto the SD from the computer.

19. Insert, relaunch, rerun Gateway mode, and have fun.

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
booting better now, had grey lines once but that was after i went into settings menu emunand and got booted back to 4.5. Tried to run the exploit again straight away and got em. All in all its better, a little slower on boot but if it means less resets ok! roll on multrom.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
When I said EmuNAND 6.0+ used the wrong keys, I meant the KeyY generated was invalid.

The algorithm for generating the KeyY for FW6.0+ savegame crypto, makes use of a KeyY set-up by NATIVE_FIRM at boot. This KeyY set-up by NATIVE_FIRM makes use of an RSA keyslot which is cleared once a CXI (Like NS or Home Menu) is loaded. However only NATIVE_FIRM from firmware version 6.0.0 and above, will set-up this KeyY. When a system with SysNAND 4.1-4.5 launches EmuNAND 6.0.0+, the KeyY slot created when the 6.0.0+ NATIVE_FIRM loads is incorrect, because the required RSA keyslot has by that stage been cleared.

There is no way to dump this KeyY keyslot, or the required RSA keyslot via software means.

So with EmuNAND 6.0.0+ the KeyY for 6.0.0 savegame encryption will be wrong but it will be consistently wrong. Which for you means, that 6.0.0+ saves made in EmuNAND 6.0.0+ will always work on EmuNAND 6.0.0+, even if you update pokemon. You just won't be able to use that save on SysNAND 6.0.0+ systems.
Thanks you explaining.

Does this mean that a save on a retail card of a FW6.0+ game will only work on the 3DS it was created on? So if I take my retail Pokemon card and put it in my friend's 3DS it will also corrupt the save?

Thanks.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you explaining.

Does this mean that a save on a retail card of a FW6.0+ game will only work on the 3DS it was created on? So if I take my retail Pokemon card and put it in my friend's 3DS it will also corrupt the save?

Thanks.
EmuNAND 6.0+ Saves will work with any EmuNAND FW6.0+ 3DS.
SysNAND 6.0+ Saves will work any SysNAND FW6.0+ 3DS.

The save won't get corrupted as long as you are using the same FW environment (SysNAND or EmuNAND).

thebib62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this latest FW update for the GW work for ROM versions of Pokemon X/Y? For me, I still get 'The saved game data is corrupted.' error message, even after updating to GWD3D 7.01.

Or does this only help people who own an actual retail copy of the game, that want to play it, and still be able to use GW3DS?

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does this latest FW update for the GW work for ROM versions of Pokemon X/Y? For me, I still get 'The saved game data is corrupted.' error message, even after updating to GWD3D 7.01.

Or does this only help people who own an actual retail copy of the game, that want to play it, and still be able to use GW3DS?

You need RETAIL , ROM isn't working, in future sure but also only Offline :)

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This update is awesome for me. Once you learn the limitations of the gateway and understand how it works, I feel this update could easily been the full 2.0 release. Granted they did promise multi rom for the full 2.0 release. I think that would take a little more time in them coding the launcher to switch 3ds roms and using that code to open up the operating system to hold onto the rom it selected.

I been playing braverly default too =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game...