Gateway updates and saved games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aglae Pheryl, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Hi,

After updating to 2.4b and updating Emunand to 9.xx I noticed my saved games did not work anymore and that I had to restart the games from scratch (just tried Tomodachi to be perfecly honnest).

Note: I have also downloaded the games updates from the eshop.

Before I update my kids 3DS consoles, is there something I can do to prevent this ?

Thanks,

2. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Did you , by any chance , formatted the microsd card and put the games in again ? Tomodachi life is a card 2 game , means the save is stored inside the rom. If you burned the rom again without backuping it first you lost your save.

Test more games , I haven't got any problems with my saves after updating

3. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Hi, sorry for the delay in testing...
    I wasn't really aware that saved games for Tomodatchi and others did save data in the rom itself so I only backed up the actual saved files not the games themselves. No big deal anyway.

BTW, there is a folder (Nintendo 3DS) that contains a couple of folders (one with figures - something like 835703a... and another one called Private). I have backed this too but I have not copied it back. What are these for ? Should I copy them over now (since then I have updated to 9.00xxx + downloaded a few game updates) ?

Thanks again.