Gateway Update Frustration

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by elunesgrace, Feb 12, 2014.

1. elunesgrace
    OP

elunesgrace GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    Hey guys,

At the moment I'm really frustrated and have been at this for hours now.

My 3DS has been sitting around for a while so I figured I'd waited long enough to update from 1.2 to 2.0b1 (I hear all this bricking stuff about 2.0b2 so I won't go there yet).

However, updating is a pain and I'm not sure why this isn't working.

I've used the blue card with the files, and when I use the ds profile button it usually just freezes. I got it to boot once in gateway mode but usually crashes and I have to do a full reset (is this common?)

On top of that though, the firmware still shows the NAND and not the emunand. How do I install emunand? How do I even access the gateway menu to begin with?

Anyways, any help would be great!

2. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Yes, 2.0b1 is pretty buggy.

To use emunand, well read the instructions that are on Gateway's website. They highlight every step.

3. elunesgrace
    OP

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    Could you link me these instructions because none of their files talk about it properly. They just say 'boot into gateway menu.' Where is that?

4. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    just hold the "L" trigger as you hit the ds mode profile ,for emunand just go to backup nand on the GW menu ,backup your nand ,then put the 3ds sd in your pc and copy the nand.bin dump to a safe place on your hard drive ,then you put the sd back in your 3ds ,boot to GW menu agian ,choose the format nand option

elunesgrace likes this.
  5. elunesgrace
    OP

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    Actually finally found a good guide (feel a ashamed of myself having to read a guide titled 'ultimate noob' =/).

But its great!

6. elunesgrace
    OP

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada