Hacking Gateway Save Question

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can get saves online from sites such as 3ds savegames, but I have a question about that... Is it possible to put save on gateway, and then transfer it to the retail cart? If yes, how is it done? Thoughts appreciated :)

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can get saves online from sites such as 3ds savegames, but I have a question about that... Is it possible to put save on gateway, and then transfer it to the retail cart? If yes, how is it done? Thoughts appreciated :)

Depends on 100 different factorys( kind of format the save is in, encryption type) GW for the most part uses it's own save encryption format.

This guide here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...with-savedatafiler.380246/page-6#post-5348668) was created in order to try to convert saves into other formats. Good luck.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I loaded game (Zelda Majora's Mask), it said save was corrupted and continued to erase game data

Just tried it on my end and same thing. In order to get around this someone needs to create a tool that will allow you to covert the saves into something that GW can read. What you are requesting is not possible at the moment for MOST games. Only a few games do the saves work like you want.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I use it quite a bit. However I have no idea if you can end use to to rip saves from retail carts because in order to do so you must run in emunand classic mode. My question would be do you have it installed already?

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the following -

Get into classic mode
Start up zelda and see if you save is still there - make need to recreate itself
go into savedatafiler and see if you can import your save now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended