Hacking Gateway Reliability Feedback

Has your Gateway 3DS Experienced Technical Issues?

• Total voters

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I give them some credit for releasing a diagnotsic SPI reset routine. This will help some customers and certainly help their vendors not have to RMA so many cards. It is cool that you can use it to test your micro SD cards for acceptable performance. Now that they have that out of the way I hope they bring us something exciting and new with the next firmware like a Nand save fix as I would like to check out AC and bet dollars to donus Pokemon x/Y is going to use Nand saving.

MrXela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I wrote a few pages back that I had a few issues, like freezing on loading screen with NSMB2 and stuff.
Been using it more actively, and had no problem. Guess it was just my rom then.

hey im just wondering where did you download the roms? like the good rom with the working NSMB2 :)

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I wrote a few pages back that I had a few issues, like freezing on loading screen with NSMB2 and stuff.
Been using it more actively, and had no problem. Guess it was just my rom then.

So you downloaded a different rom of the same game? Mind you I'm being very careful with details here, but was the source of this good rom of cat origin?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you email it to me at [email protected] i honestly don't care if you don't want to hahaha ill find it eventually. Just wanted to download safe good working roms prior getting the gateway
You just linked your email address out to the public in an effort to be safe? That's not very smart, just to let you know. Anyone with a keyboard, an ounce of gray matter, and the internet could find 3DS ROMs.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
You just linked your email address out to the public in an effort to be safe? That's not very smart, just to let you know. Anyone with a keyboard, an ounce of gray matter, and the internet could find 3DS ROMs.

he will have nintendo knocking on his door soon then

Google is a good search engine tho

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quoting his post without editing out his email address isn't going to help his situation once he attempts to edit his post. :lol:

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quoting his post without editing out his email address isn't going to help his situation once he attempts to edit his post. :lol:
Who said I'm trying to help him? I'm just pointing out his stupidity. Anyone who read his post could email, say they're the guy he quoted, and then give him a bad link or file. I'll edit it out so mods don't end up taking offense to it, though.

MrXela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Who said I'm trying to help him? I'm just pointing out his stupidity. Anyone who read his post could email, say they're the guy he quoted, and then give him a bad link or file. I'll edit it out so mods don't end up taking offense to it, though.
That was a back up email address, also the one I found have comments saying "virus" and stuff like that, thats why I thought i'd ask here. Also since it was a back up email too so wouldn't matter much..

gix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after sleep mode when running a game again shows error game card has been remmoved. once more activating gateway mode it runs fine.

kagesennin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I got my GW3ds this past weekend, and have given it almost 7 days to get things straight, but it is still giving me issues. Allow me to define all details of my situation:
I am running a new North American 3DS XL on firmware Ver. 4.5.0-10U
I have installed the Gateway crash several times using the Blue card, and have tried GW Versions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2
I am using a new SanDisk Ultra 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC and an old unbranded 8GB Class 4 Micro SD.
I am also using the included Lexar 4GB SD as well as an old SanDisk 1GB SD.
I have formatted all 4 cards several times using both the Windows 7 formatter and the Panasonic SD formatter.
I have run the Gateway 1GB diagnostic/test rom and it comes back fine, blinking blue all the way until solid green.
Many games have issues with freezing or crashing when trying to save or read a save, including when it is trying to boot up a game that I already have a save for.
Sometimes the Gateway device will refuse to recognize the game as well.
Specifically for Donkey Kong and NSMB2 I have tried three different rom sources as well as each source trimmed, and not trimmed.
You can see a sample of the game freezing here, after I finished the third level in Donkey Kong (this happens randomly, not always at this spot)
You can also see here the Diagnostic test running and stopping on yellow:
About 50% of the time, the Diagnostic test will come back with solid green, the other 50% of the time it comes back stopped at solid yellow.
From what I've read, that means that there could be an issue with my cart.
Should I be looking into starting an RMA for this?
Also, does anyone have any suggestions for things I may have not tried before I waste time RMA'ing a functional cart?
I really want to think that this is a software issue, but many people are reporting their GWs running fine and playing games like NSMB2, DKCR, and Zelda OOT, but mine continues to freeze at random.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
After i ran a basic diagnostics (press L while choose Nintendo DS Profile with red GW cart in 3DS, without the 1GB file), i got a constant green LED on GW cart, but the 3ds stuck with black/gray screens (with wifi, date and battery indicators on the top screen).
What should i do now? And the result like that means my cart is good, isn't it? :unsure:
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English :(

Yes. I have the same issue though WITH the testrom flashed...

D

Deleted User

About 50% of the time, the Diagnostic test will come back with solid green, the other 50% of the time it comes back stopped at solid yellow.

The diagostics stop at solid yellow, this means you have a faulty card or a very flakey one. I'd ask for a replacement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT