IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, gang. Just reporting my findings:

• The save for my legit eShop copy of Pokémon Y still works
  • I had a downloaded update (was getting the update nag for the past few months) and used the System Settings to apply the downloaded update. Can confirm this only updated emuNAND -- sysNAND still on 4.5 (I myself was unsure of this, so just clearing up this question for those of you in the same position as I was)
  • As others have stated, eShop works just fine and is way faster than it used to be!
  • Pokémon Bank (the only app I was interested in this update for) works fine, and if you act fast you can still claim your free Celebi (until 9/30 in the US)
Beta testers: do you know if Gateway is accepting any new requests to become a beta tester? From what I've read in this thread so far, they are not responding to e-mails, so not sure if I should even bother. For the record, I am interested in beta testing. :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah eshop, how I've sort-of missed you. Got a couple of demos to catch up on anyway. IronClouds is right, eshop is working a lot faster :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey, gang. Just reporting my findings:

• The save for my legit eShop copy of Pokémon Y still works
  • I had a downloaded update (was getting the update nag for the past few months) and used the System Settings to apply the downloaded update. Can confirm this only updated emuNAND -- sysNAND still on 4.5 (I myself was unsure of this, so just clearing up this question for those of you in the same position as I was)
  • As others have stated, eShop works just fine and is way faster than it used to be!
  • Pokémon Bank (the only app I was interested in this update for) works fine, and if you act fast you can still claim your free Celebi (until 9/30 in the US)
Beta testers: do you know if Gateway is accepting any new requests to become a beta tester? From what I've read in this thread so far, they are not responding to e-mails, so not sure if I should even bother. For the record, I am interested in beta testing. :)
to be honest there is little point in being a beta tester.....any private beta's they have released so far are leaked faster than you can say "how can i be a beta tester"

Reactions: IronClouds

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're indeed right that there's no point to wanting to beta test if one is simply looking to get access to Gateway's beta releases. I'm just interested in helping with bug-squashing, is all. :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You're indeed right that there's no point to wanting to beta test if one is simply looking to get access to Gateway's beta releases. I'm just interested in helping with bug-squashing, is all. :P
yeah i'm pretty sure they only really release the beta once they have pretty much all the bugs sorted anyway....there is probably a much more secret private beta that only goes to close testers.......which from what i have heard was leaked to MT originally for the multi rom support, the beta's they put out now basically go to anyone and everyone and i dont think they really care if they are leaked

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i'm pretty sure they only really release the beta once they have pretty much all the bugs sorted anyway....there is probably a much more secret private beta that only goes to close testers.......which from what i have heard was leaked to MT originally for the multi rom support, the beta's they put out now basically go to anyone and everyone and i dont think they really care if they are leaked

Interesting. They should end the "beta program" in that case and only keep it secretive with their close testers. Why keep it up, Gateway?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The alphas are the ones that are tested internally, because we all know, nothing is private these days :) Even if every tester promises to not leak/share, someone always follows the 1 trusted rule, ill share to my 1 trusted friend, who shares to his 1 trusted friend and so on and so on....

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well i kinda like the beta's its more like interim releases to tide people over while they continue working on it, but not the full FW that they want to release publically

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope not really, pretty much exactly the same as the old FW for non gateway owners, 7.x encryption doesnt work unless you insert the gateway card

Reactions: Mylink5

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So can we only play roms of 7.X encrypted games then? or do we just have to boot classic mode with the gateway in and then take it out and swap for the retail cart?

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did someone manage to get youkai Watch 2 work ?
need a patch out of the box but, can't donwload it, EU eshop ...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So can we only play roms of 7.X encrypted games then? or do we just have to boot classic mode with the gateway in and then take it out and swap for the retail cart?
not sure tbh....it would be kinda pointless having classic mode if you have emunand updated to 8.1 as even the FW wont load unless you have the gateway card in

Edit: ok just tested and it should work fine as long as you boot into classic mode with the gateway card inserted, you can then remove the card and still boot 7.x encrypted content
if i change my rom to 3DZ,could i lose my pokemon x saved data?
yes saves are not interchangable between .3ds and .3dz....so you will loose your progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol