Status
Not open for further replies.

XStationCube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for those who are waiting for the public update, is it worth going ahead and updating to 8.1 now if we don't plan on using our 3DSs in the next few days, in case Nintendo releases an 8.2? Or does it matter?

Also, as far as things like connecting to the eshop, is that "safe"? Like, they can't see that we're connecting using Gateway emunand and not original firmware, right?

AnG01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if the update download pokemon x podre play online without having to change the rom to 3DZ?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there much point? Any game that needs 8.1 will have 8.1 on the cart anyway. Sounds not worth the risk to update without reason.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So for those who are waiting for the public update, is it worth going ahead and updating to 8.1 now if we don't plan on using our 3DSs in the next few days, in case Nintendo releases an 8.2? Or does it matter?

Also, as far as things like connecting to the eshop, is that "safe"? Like, they can't see that we're connecting using Gateway emunand and not original firmware, right?
if there is anything you really want from eshop urgently and dont want to risk loosing the possibility (although i have a feeling gateway will be fine for a good while now they are over this hurdle) but if you want to be safe just hunt down the private beta and get your updates

in regards to nintendo knowing "this" or "that" all you will get are guesses, i dont think anyone here gets invited to the secret Nintendo VS the flashcards battle plan strategy meetings

if the update download pokemon x podre play online without having to change the rom to 3DZ?
no, you need to be using a .3dz rom to play online

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated emunand fine... now to grab all these game updates off eshop

Anyone got a list of available updates?

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated emunand fine... now to grab all these game updates off eshop

Anyone got a list of available updates?

Just search 'update' on eshop :)

what about youkai Watch 2 ? can't get it to work

Unless you have a Japanese 3ds (and therefore eShop) you will never get this to work using conventional updates. Not until we can either spoof eShop, or manually install updates will you be able to do this.

Reactions: tjexp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
what about youkai Watch 2 ? can't get it to work

just like EVERYTHING, you can only download updates/content for your region, so you can only download the updates you want if you have a japanese 3ds.
workarounds might be possible one day, but no way to help you at the moment :)
(i downloaded both updates on my 3ds and it works great) :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
damn it, I was waiting for this game to be playable ...

well the game is playable - just not really for you, just like i am not able to play the european copy of pokemon x/y fully updated on my japanese 3ds :)
i think i read something that youkai watch 2 'NEEDS' the update, otherwise it won't even save or something? that's a shame for you if so.

i grabbed the update for youkai watch 1 a few hours ago, i wonder what it fixed...

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What actually are the 7x encryption games out at the moment, just for test purposes I only know off 1 which is Tom Life to test for GW?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Anyone know how to put my save data pokemon x 3DZ rom to keep my progress?
third time lucky.....no you cant take your save from a .3ds rom to a .3dz rom...end of, best you can do is start a new game and keep your old rom too.....then you can at some point transfer the pokemon to another console and then back again to your new save

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When launching the game (Youkai Watch 2), I've got an error message ... so not playable wihtout the patch it seems ...

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes saves are not interchangable between .3ds and .3dz....so you will loose your progress
Excuse me for the possibly dumb and repeated question, but:
Can you just start off with a .3dz from the get go and never run into incompatibilities issues? Even for offline play.

From what I gather, you lose data if you ever need to go from .3ds to the .3dz format. What do I lose if I am on .3dz dumps? Is there ever a reason for which you would need .3ds over .3dz?

Thanks

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Copied over my sysNAND with my eShop purchases to my emuNAND, that works fine. Can't seem to update MK7 though...
Updated through eShop indirectly, works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la