Not open for further replies.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty much what Schizoanalysis said. I asked before Omega came out, and told them what I could contribute, I wouldn't leak their updates, etc. After the last private beta they told me the ones who leaked it were removed so I don't think they are accepting news ones after that.

EDIT: Shit I forgot to turn off my Internet switch after updating to 8.1 emunand, now I got the little update nagger on my homescreen. A format erases it right?

I can confirm they removed me from this beta. Guess I won't be leaking any more :P

loco365

Trophies
XP
Gateway said:
* Classic mode will only boot emunand 8.x or higher if you have a genuine Gateway card inserted. You can still continue without, but
support for emunand 8.x or higher will not work.
Please tell me this isn't permanent and that it's only for the beta testing period.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely the card will be updated to support the new encryption so its needed to start 8.x emunand

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me this isn't permanent and that it's only for the beta testing period.
That means that If you have a 4.5 console and want to run classic games that use 7.x encrypt. You must buy a GW. Clone customers must switch

Cybore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm curious about is if you will lose your emunand saves (Pokemon x) when you update to the latest fw.

loco365

Trophies
XP
That means that If you have a 4.5 console and want to run classic games that use 7.x encrypt. You must buy a GW. Clone customers must switch

I know what it means, I'd just like to be able to play my Pokemon Y on both an emuNAND and a retail console without having to wipe my save data, but it looks like I'm completely out of luck now.

Plus, I'd like the XY 1.2 patches.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokebank. Online features in 7.x encryption games. Installing patches. Download games/demos to 8.1 emunand

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm curious about is if you will lose your emunand saves (Pokemon x) when you update to the latest fw.

Not sure since i dont use my emunand to play card 2 games ( pokemon and animal crossing I own legit copies and another 3DS), but i did have an X and Y save on my GW (7.1.16) from when i was trading myself Diancie before I updated my emunand to 8.1. I loaded up the saves on the new 8.1 and they seem to work. does that count?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Another thing I have in mind. Remember that issue with ripped savefiles (from retail cartridges) that were less than 128 kb or something along the lines (like 3D Land and Ocarina of Time)? They were incompatible with the saves GW created in .3dz mode. Someone should test if they fixed this; if it still doesn't work, it should be reported to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty