Hacking Gateway or NTR?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete all of them and only install the one i linked. Also make sure you are using luma3ds

Sorry that it took so long. Luma3DS bootrate is low for me for some reason :/

It still doesn't work. I'm using the 11.2 NFIRM support take 2 one and I'm sure all others are deleted.
I even got a new present in the Home Menu after installing it.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using 3.3 or 3.4 those are new 3ds only. download 3.2

Oh, seems it's 3.4.
Which 3.3 is with Old3DS 11.2 support? I'm lost now and can't seem to find the right one since literally every bootNTR doesn't work and the older ones on your page are with 11.1 support and not newer I think?
On the old page, they didn't even work with 11.1.
I'm sorry, but I'm so lost now.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, seems it's 3.4.
Which 3.3 is with Old3DS 11.2 support? I'm lost now and can't seem to find the right one since literally every bootNTR doesn't qork and the older ones on your page are with 11.1 support and not newer I think?
On the old page, they didn't even work with 11.1.
I'm sorry, but I'm so lost now.
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.2 download this. Copy ntr.bin to root of sd and get rid of everything else. https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4.2 Download the .cia and install.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
You can't really compare NTR and gateshark. One is for cheating and one was for plugins but plugin makers used it for cheats. NTR can be used for streaming on n3ds, input redirection to control the 3ds with any controller or your pc, romhacking (like ctgp 7), screenshots, messing with led and others.

Gateshark is just for cheating. It has better things for cheating because that was what it was made for. NTR CFW wasn't made for cheats but makers of plugins used it for cheats.
Honestly, they should be compared. It's fact that gateway's cheat engine is far surperior, but the NTR alternative is free. Comparison is fine, just don't bash gateway or ntr users.

Reactions: Nanquitas

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, they should be compared. It's fact that gateway's cheat engine is far surperior, but the NTR alternative is free. Comparison is fine, just don't bash gateway or ntr users.
I wasn't bashing anyone. I was just saying that they are 2 totally different things. (one loads plugins which is what the user makes them the other is for cheats). I honestly can't see why these should be compared. One is plugins other is cheats. Sure plugins are used for cheats sometime but their crappiness comes from the maker of the plugin not ntr cfw itself. I bet if someone wanted to could make a real cheat engine for ntr but nobody wants to.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't bashing anyone. I was just saying that they are 2 totally different things. (one loads plugins which is what the user makes them the other is for cheats). I honestly can't see why these should be compared. One is plugins other is cheats. Sure plugins are used for cheats sometime but their crappiness comes from the maker of the plugin not ntr cfw itself. I bet if someone wanted to could make a real cheat engine for ntr but nobody wants to.
I wasn't saying you're bashing gateway or ntr, I was saying that as more of a advice to everyone. And mostly all of the plugins are cheats, don't kid yourself.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't saying you're bashing gateway or ntr, I was saying that as more of a advice to everyone. And mostly all of the plugins are cheats, don't kid yourself.
That was why I said "But plugin makers used it for cheats" as stated this wasn't what cell9 likely had in mind when making ntr and thought it could be used for other things.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
That was why I said "But plugin makers used it for cheats" as stated this wasn't what cell9 likely had in mind when making ntr and thought it could be used for other things.
I'm sure cell9 knew that ntr would compromise online modes for games, it's no doubt he knew cheats would be created.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm sure cell9 knew that ntr would compromise online modes for games, it's no doubt he knew cheats would be created.
I'm pretty sure that @cell9 made the cheat plugin (yeah, he made a cheat plugin and posted it's source on gbatemp) just for fun around games, that is why he disabled online fuctionality on his source.

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just do what you want.
If you can afford buying a Gateway thzn buy it. NTR is free so you'll be able to use it even with Gateway anyway.

Also I'd like to remember to all of those saying that NTR is better: without Gateway, Gateshark2NTR wouldn't exist and with that a lot of cheats plugins.

If you want to find cheats, Gateway is way more easier for basics cheats.

At least for now... ;)

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for all your posts.

Im already unsure dif ntr or Gateway. One sais its easier for cheats other say NTR is better / easier^^

So i have a question: Does Gateway work with an updated SysNAND to 11.2 without needing to create A emuNAND?
And if i have to create one now it would be also on 11.2 but when i understood Tutorials right, Gateway need 9.2 to work properly even if i only need the cheat function.

Would be great if someone has an answer to this questions.

And if i'm going to use NTR, do you have a Link with Step by Step Tutorial for setting it up and using it (e.g Where can i find the chets for it and to use themm?)? Because im confused what i need for this, NTR, BootNTR. Selector... Thats much infos in short time so a guide how to setup everything on a9lh sysNAND only with 11.2 installed.

Last edited by noX1609,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there