Hacking Gateway Omega 2.2 not working. getting error.

striderh1ryu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replaced 2.1 w/ 2.2 on SD card. Tried to launch GW mode but just getting an error. "an error has occurred, forcing the software to close. the system will now restart". tried going back to the blue card to use GW Installer then tried it but still got the same error. went back to GW Installer again to got back to Omega 2.1 but getting the error message now. Not sure what to do.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Replaced 2.1 w/ 2.2 on SD card. Tried to launch GW mode but just getting an error. "an error has occurred, forcing the software to close. the system will now restart". tried going back to the blue card to use GW Installer then tried it but still got the same error. went back to GW Installer again to got back to Omega 2.1 but getting the error message now. Not sure what to do.
Reformat the mSD card then reinstall DS profile exploit. Try again.

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you have the corresponding "Launcher.dat" file in the SD card (big one that slots into side of 3DS)

striderh1ryu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have the corresponding "Launcher.dat" file in the SD card (big one that slots into side of 3DS)

Yeah, I deleted the older launcher file. I then copy and pasted the newest launcher file for Omega 2.2 on that SD card. Still gives me that same error. Won't let me go into GW mode even with holding the L button.

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're getting the error, the problem is either the Gateway Installer or Launcher.dat problem. The only way is to reinstall the Gateway Installer and try again.

It may also be worth it to format the SD card and install the Launcher.dat - just to make sure it is not an SD card problem.

Reactions: striderh1ryu

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the blue card fail when you first try start it or when you run the installer? If it's the 1st then the problem isn't on your SD card, probably a contact issue. Or possibly your 3DS got updated past 4.5 somehow without your realizing it.

striderh1ryu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're getting the error, the problem is either the Gateway Installer or Launcher.dat problem. The only way is to reinstall the Gateway Installer and try again.

It may also be worth it to format the SD card and install the Launcher.dat - just to make sure it is not an SD card problem.

OMG I'm so dumb. Why didn't I think of that. I just used another SD card (adapter), worked fine. Was able to go into GW mode 1st try. Just just a bad SD card (adapter). thx so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo