Gateway mode not working though 4.5 MSET

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 2haloes, Dec 17, 2015.

1. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    Hello all, I've been trying to setup sysupdater on a 3ds to update the system to 9.2. I have a Gateway cart and rxtools sort of set up.

I know (somewhat) what I am doing and I found that rxtools can't do much without an installed .cia file (Namely FBI injection which I need) so I thought that I would just boot up my gateway and install it that way (No Emunand currently due to small SD card space) but whenever I try to launch gateway mode, my system just freezes on a black screen, I tried 5 tests and none of them worked. Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?

Thank you all for helping, this is the most annoying Christmas gift I've had to deal with :yay3ds:

2. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    have you tried reinstalling the exploit - by that i mean using the blue card?

r

3. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    Yep, done that about 3 times (I updated though Luigi's Mansion to 4.5 if that helps at all)

4. RitchieRitchie

Nov 15, 2013
    That's a pity as that has worked for me in the past... What version of the Launcher.dat file do you have on your big sd card? has it worked before?

5. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    The same one that I used on my 9.2 3ds and that worked fine (copied from my PC)

6. RitchieRitchie

Nov 15, 2013
    sorry, I'm not an expert at this sort of thing, I'm sure someone else will though. Good luck!

7. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    Darn, apparently using emunand helps (with rxtools), I might try that if it helps

8. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    You have no emunand so have you held the b button first then press a that's how you boot gateway system NAND

9. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    Oh, really? Ok, I'll try that as soon as I get home, thanks :D

10. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Try that. Press L upon booting gateway to get to the gateway menu then hold b down then press a it will ask you are you sure you want to boot system NAND

11. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Do NOT! use Sysupdater while in Gateway Sysnand mode you will brick you need to use Pasta CFW or rxTools Dev Mode.

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    Oh wow, on my other 3ds, before I got an emunand, it just booted to sysnand, odd. Anyway, thank you so much (I know not to, I just need to install a CIA to get RXtools to work)

13. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    rxTools doesn't need any cias to work, just use the rxTools roploader to set up the mset exploit and run it from there.

14. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    I've tried but it doesn't work, I've tried the FBI injection and it just wouldn't work. After a bit of research, I found that rxtools couldn't do it because my sysnand was missing part of an update so I need to install it

15. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I'd say, if you can manage to get your GW working on sysnand, then you can run DevMenu on it and install sysupdater.
    Then get Pasta CFW with firmlaunch disabled (I believe firmlaunch must be disabled manually now or something? Would have to look into that), power off 3DS, boot into regular 3DS system with no hacks, then straight to Pasta w/o firmlaunch, should be able to run the sysupdater that you installed through GW and update = profit

16. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    try using a different SD card

17. 2haloes
    OP

2haloes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    I was just going to use rxtools, FBI inject and use devmode to install sysupdater (It's 90% setup)

And I can try to use a different SD card but I'm still going to want to do it all afterwards and I can't afford a new SD card currently (Getting one after Christmas)