Hacking Gateway mode not working though 4.5 MSET

2haloes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all, I've been trying to setup sysupdater on a 3ds to update the system to 9.2. I have a Gateway cart and rxtools sort of set up.

I know (somewhat) what I am doing and I found that rxtools can't do much without an installed .cia file (Namely FBI injection which I need) so I thought that I would just boot up my gateway and install it that way (No Emunand currently due to small SD card space) but whenever I try to launch gateway mode, my system just freezes on a black screen, I tried 5 tests and none of them worked. Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?

Thank you all for helping, this is the most annoying Christmas gift I've had to deal with :yay3ds:

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
That's a pity as that has worked for me in the past... What version of the Launcher.dat file do you have on your big sd card? has it worked before?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Try that. Press L upon booting gateway to get to the gateway menu then hold b down then press a it will ask you are you sure you want to boot system NAND

2haloes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wow, on my other 3ds, before I got an emunand, it just booted to sysnand, odd. Anyway, thank you so much (I know not to, I just need to install a CIA to get RXtools to work)

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, on my other 3ds, before I got an emunand, it just booted to sysnand, odd. Anyway, thank you so much (I know not to, I just need to install a CIA to get RXtools to work)

rxTools doesn't need any cias to work, just use the rxTools roploader to set up the mset exploit and run it from there.

2haloes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried but it doesn't work, I've tried the FBI injection and it just wouldn't work. After a bit of research, I found that rxtools couldn't do it because my sysnand was missing part of an update so I need to install it

D

Deleted-236924

I'd say, if you can manage to get your GW working on sysnand, then you can run DevMenu on it and install sysupdater.
Then get Pasta CFW with firmlaunch disabled (I believe firmlaunch must be disabled manually now or something? Would have to look into that), power off 3DS, boot into regular 3DS system with no hacks, then straight to Pasta w/o firmlaunch, should be able to run the sysupdater that you installed through GW and update = profit

2haloes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say, if you can manage to get your GW working on sysnand, then you can run DevMenu on it and install sysupdater.
Then get Pasta CFW with firmlaunch disabled (I believe firmlaunch must be disabled manually now or something? Would have to look into that), power off 3DS, boot into regular 3DS system with no hacks, then straight to Pasta w/o firmlaunch, should be able to run the sysupdater that you installed through GW and update = profit

I was just going to use rxtools, FBI inject and use devmode to install sysupdater (It's 90% setup)

And I can try to use a different SD card but I'm still going to want to do it all afterwards and I can't afford a new SD card currently (Getting one after Christmas)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over