WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Newer Official eshop games will not work on old firmwares (pre 9.6) as a new type of encryption was added in 9.6 afaik it shouldnt work in gw mode either unless you use a cryptofixed version yhat has the 9.6 encryption removed
Well all I know is it's bought from the eShop, not tempered with in any way and worked on 10.7 and 9.2-GW mode (after save got corrupted a new save was written that was not compatible with 10.7).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Weird unless gw have added some seeddb encryption fix into their latest fw's it shouldnt have worked.....but the save if you are playing in sysnand and emunand are actually being disrupted by the anti save restore stuff as the secure value is stored in the nand so if you play on sysnand it will only be updated in sysnand, best way to avaoid that is to either unlink sys/emunand or use sdf to remove the secure value every time you want to swap between emu/sysnand but there isnt any easy way of avoiding the secure value stuff unless you use a modified cia without the secure value stuff enabled

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Weird unless gw have added some seeddb encryption fix into their latest fw's it shouldnt have worked.....but the save if you are playing in sysnand and emunand are actually being disrupted by the anti save restore stuff as the secure value is stored in the nand so if you play on sysnand it will only be updated in sysnand, best way to avaoid that is to either unlink sys/emunand or use sdf to remove the secure value every time you want to swap between emu/sysnand but there isnt any easy way of avoiding the secure value stuff unless you use a modified cia without the secure value stuff enabled
That's interesting. Do all new games have this anti save restore stuff? In case of Pokemon Yellow, I was just curious if it will run on 9.2 at all. I have no intention to swap the NANDs I am playing it on, so the secure value stuff won't be an issue for me going forward. The reason I have linked NANDs is to retain game compatibility between the NANDs so that I can use Gateway cheats whenever I need to. I don't think there is a quick and painless way to transfer an installed game + save to another NAND that is unlinked, right? If the NANDs are linked I can just dump the ticket.db from one NAND and inject it in the other NAND using Decrypt9, but that won't work with unlinked NANDs (unless I'm mistaken in which case you can feel free to correct me!).

Faolan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this even possible? (How?)
Yes. Check the "installed a9lh" flag and boot into emunand. Then launch the gateway exploit and as soon as you do hold L to enter gateway menu. Hold B and click on boot gateway mode. Then click X.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes. Check the "installed a9lh" flag and boot into emunand. Then launch the gateway exploit and as soon as you do hold L to enter gateway menu. Hold B and click on boot gateway mode. Then click X.
Man I feel stupid. All this linked emuNAND garbadge and work for naught. It really works. No more save corruption, no more game incompatibilities, no more linked NANDs, and this guy gal can even cheat online now (but he she won't do it since he she isn't a shameful person, right @Quantumcat?). It's as if Gateway supports A9LH natively. You deserve my sincerest thanks. Feel free to PM me if you need any help in anything I can do. :grog:

Edit: Is it possible to make the Gateway menu autoboot sysNAND?

Last edited by WiiUBricker,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-