WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I was playing Pokemon Yellow on 10.7 sysNAND. The game won't boot on my 9.2 emuNAND due to not matching keys or something. But for some reason it did boot in Gateway mode using 9.2 emuNAND (NANDs are linked!). But it immediately corrupted my save file. I had totally forgotten about that save file encryption stuff, and I paid for it. And vice versa, an existing save gets corrupted when changing from Gateway 9.2 to 10.7.

My question is, why exactly did the game boot in 9.2 Gateway mode and not in 9.2 standard emuNAND? And can I force Gateway mode (while staying on 9.2) to use the same save file encryption keys as on 10.7? Thanks.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Wait, you have A9lh on 10.7 ?
And emunand on 9.2?
If that's so gateway emunand on different portion of your 3ds...i think.

D

Deleted User

So I was playing Pokemon Yellow on 10.7 sysNAND. The game won't boot on my 9.2 emuNAND due to not matching keys or something. But for some reason it did boot in Gateway mode using 9.2 emuNAND (NANDs are linked!). But it immediately corrupted my save file. I had totally forgotten about that save file encryption stuff, and I paid for it. And vice versa, an existing save gets corrupted when changing from Gateway 9.2 to 10.7.

My question is, why exactly did the game boot in 9.2 Gateway mode and not in 9.2 standard emuNAND? And can I force Gateway mode (while staying on 9.2) to use the same save file encryption keys as on 10.7? Thanks.

Depends on the options you had set in the GW menu. It's very possible you had a pre-7.x encryption save when playing in GW mode.

Edit, I believe you need to press select to bring up the GW menu then press Up.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Is it a 3DS game?
In any case, where you play it wouldn't matter. The problem is the second you fire up GW with pre 7.x encryption, the game would of immediately been unable to decrypt the save and then threw the corruption screen.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Anyways I had posted it above, but you can change the save encryption from the GW multi-rom menu by pressing Up.

As to why it wouldn't boot in emuNAND. If it's a legit game, it's very likely signed with recent firm keys (10.x+) and like you said, 9.2 is too low to run it. (My guess is you got the endless 3DS screen)
Gateway patches those checks out and also patches out any AP and firmware spoofs which is what allowed it to run in GW mode.

Reactions: WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Anyways I had posted it above, but you can change the save encryption from the GW multi-rom menu by pressing Up.
I didn't know that you can do that. I started the game from scratch and I'm a bit reluctant to try this since there is a chance my save will corrupt again. But then again, I guess I can backup my save and restore it. Thanks man :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Newer Official eshop games will not work on old firmwares (pre 9.6) as a new type of encryption was added in 9.6 afaik it shouldnt work in gw mode either unless you use a cryptofixed version yhat has the 9.6 encryption removed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum