GateWay Mode 2.1 / 2.2 - Black Screen

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by axs446, May 18, 2014.

1. axs446
    OP

axs446 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2014
    United States
    I today upgraded to gateway 2.2 and decided to have emunand. I initially updated the system but than found this was not compatible with gateway.

I then reformatted the emunand and I found this to be slow and the select button game menu was not appearing on some occasions. When it did appear, the game chosen gave a black screen.

From this, I have formatted the SD card to full capacity to remove emunand. I now keep getting a black screen when going into gateway mode. I have changed the launcher.dat to 2.1 but get the same problem.

I have a 3DS XL with FW 4.4.

Any ideas?

2. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    ok I dont get it,

You accidentally updated your system nand? if that is the case you are screwed because gateway doesnt support a firmware above 4.5.
    If you want to remove emunand just fully format you sd card in the 3ds

3. axs446
    OP

axs446 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2014
    United States
    Sorry, I updated the emunand to 7.2 not the sysnand

4. axs446
    This message by axs446 has been removed from public view by Cyan, May 18, 2014, Reason: moved the thread to correct section.
    May 18, 2014
  5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    That is because you have formatted the SD card, you need to run the blue card and everything again, ie. hold down L in DS Profile settings, back up Systemnand and run Format Emunand, Gateway card for GW3D v.Emunand etc.. You have cleared the SD card of its Emulation Nand so you will just get a black screen when trying to enter in GW mode.

6. roxas-89

roxas-89 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Egypt
    as far as I know formatting the SD card won't remove the emunand you need a partition manager to remove it

7. axs446
    OP

axs446 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2014
    United States
    I have removed the partition but still get the black screen. I can live with emunand but does anybody know about the saves?

8. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    Check your SD card, they should be on there. Unless you formatted then they are probably gone

9. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    If you only did a "quick format" you might be able to get your saves back if you find the right data recovery program. ;)