Gateway loader as a CIA?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zacchi4k, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    Hi,
    maybe this question is dumb because i'm a noob and I don't know much about how the 3DS and Gateway wo (how exploits work, how to create Cias and thing about them etc.) (but I wanna learn!), but I'm asking this anyway.
    Is it possible to create a CIA and install it (in SysNAND obviously) that would load Gateway without needing to use wifi/hotspot every time?

2. DrCrygor07

DrCrygor07 Italian Wario Ware bootleg©

Sep 4, 2014
    Italy
    No, you can't

3. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
  4. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Nope X 3

5. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    You can use the MSET exploit (downgrade the Settings app) instead of having to go online every time. Then you can just go to "Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile" like the good old days and there you go - Gateway Mode for your GW card (you do need a GW card, since it's used as a DRM dongle).

Having a custom app on your homescreen isn't possible, unless someone leaks the keys needed to sign them. Only Nintendo can.

Installing it with Pasta CFW won't work either. Not like you want it to. For it to run it needs the firmware's signature checks to be patched out, else it just crashes and doesn't do anything. And for sig checks to be patched out, you need an entry point (e.g. Cubic Ninja), at which point you may as well just boot the launcher instead.

6. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    I don't know if it matters but... I have SysNAND 6.3 (before the encription thing got introduced)

7. lemanuel

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    All you need to do is downgrade sysnand to 4.x and then use the Mset exploit as already said above.

8. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    I don't mean that, I mean if I can install the CIA with a lower firmware

9. lemanuel

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    what CIA? You've already been told that there's no GW loader as CIA.

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    only offline solution to load GW without internet is to downgrade to 4.x

and if yu want to do that, you just need the grab the downgrade pack from the GW site that matches your 3DS's region....if you want to learn about this stuff there is plent of FAQ's and walkthroughs available, check the stickies at the top of the page, im sure there is something there that will teach yu the basics at least

11. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    Ok.
    I already know about downgrade and other basic stuff, for "I don't know much about how the 3DS and Gateway work" i mean the more technical parts